What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

New Dragon

Juniors
Lomax injured at training ( hand) out for at least this week. Will know more after scan.
Will let you know. Garrick added to squad.
Mate Im hearing 8 weeks broken wrist from a man on man full on boxing session!!! Mid year seriously.... I think this is how Heme hurt his ribs as well. unbelievable. I also good be wrong just quietly as im not that close to it....

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He has fractured his his scaphoid bone.
It has been pinned.
He will be out at least 8 week or so.
Your info is correct.
HPU update will explain further

Last edited:

st shaneoh

Juniors
8 weeks out wont matter, just means he sits on the bench in a tracksuit rather than his jersey.
Mate Im hearing 8 weeks broken wrist from a man on man full on boxing session!!! Mid year seriously.... I think this is how Heme hurt his ribs as well. unbelievable. I also good be wrong just quietly as im not that close to it....
F#ck this. I'm ready for a full on boxing session with mcmuppet

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Bugger of an injury, the bone has little blood supply so is notoriously hard to heel. Did mine twice in 8 months when I was in my twentys and was in a cast 8 weeks the first time and 12 weeks the second time.

That is why its been pinned because it sould help strengthen it.

getsmarty

Immortal
simst--2gp_2892.jpg

DRAGONS

Tariq Sims injury update
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 20 Sep 2018, 01:31 PM

St George Illawarra Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth has provided the following injury update on back-rower Tariq Sims.

"Tariq suffered an injury to his lateral meniscus in his right knee in Saturday's semi-final against the South Sydney Rabbitohs," Pickworth said.

"He underwent surgery on Wednesday to repair the injury and will undergo rehabilitation over the off-season."

Sims's injury has ruled him out of achieving further representative honours in 2018.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/09/20/tariq-sims-injury-update/

getsmarty

Immortal
widdopg-injury-190328704-sd.jpg

INJURIES

Injury update: Gareth Widdop
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 29 Mar 2019, 12:20 PM

St George Illawarra Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth has provided the following injury update on Dragons skipper Gareth Widdop.

"Gareth suffered a dislocated shoulder in the second half against the Brisbane Broncos," Pickworth said.

"Upon our return to Sydney, he will have all the necessary scans to determine the best course of action."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/03/29/injury-update-gareth-widdop/

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Noticed Simms was holding his jaw when he came off. I thought he had broken his nose but I hope his jaw is not involved.
I created a thread on this today....because I was concerned as well but apparently Alecs-saints said at post match interview he said he was fine

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I fell on it whilst I was in the shower...

Oh... not that kind of injury up date..

As you were then..

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra players remain hopeful Gareth Widdop will return this season
Dragons Den
r0_226_2988_1906_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Pain barrier: Gareth Widdop. Picture: AAP Image/Dave Hunt
St George Illawarra remain hopeful Gareth Widdop will feature again for the Dragons in 2019 despite the shoulder injury he suffered in Thursday night's victory over the Broncos.

After losing their first two games, the side kick-started their season with a one-point win thanks to a Corey Norman field goal at the death.

The victory came at a cost, however, with the Dragons skipper dislocating his right shoulder late in the piece. It was the same shoulder he dislocated twice in 2018.

Given Widdop is returning to England at the end of the season, there were immediate fears he will not play for the club again.

Widdop is due for scans which will reveal the full extent of the damage, with hopes high a shoulder reconstruction will not be required.

Speaking on Friday after the win, prop Paul Vaughan was hopeful he would line up alongside his captain later in the season.

"I hope I haven't payed my last game with him," Vaughan said. "I love the bloke and it's obviously not what you want. They're getting scans and they'll probably find out from there.

"It's a terrible thing to happen, especially to our skipper. He wants to go off on a real high note and I'm sure he will do that, it's just a bit of a roadblock at the moment."

Depending on the result of scans, Widdop could be forced to undergo a shoulder reconstruction immediately, which would rule him out for six months and leave him in a race to be fit for the finals.

The best-case scenario for Widdop would be three to six weeks on the sidelines with rehab and no surgery.

This is the route Widdop took in 2018 after his first dislocation, suffered against the Eels in round 22. After three weeks out, he returned for the Dragons elimination final against the Broncos.

That return turned sour in the second half, when Widdop dislocated the same shoulder, and he went on to undergo a reconstruction.

Vaughan acknowledged Widdop is a key figure in the team, however he's confident the Dragons can overcome his absence.

"Personally for myself, when I first moved up here, he had a big impact. He's obviously a great club skipper and gets the boys together, all that kind of stuff.

"He's just a class player, on the field he's got that X-factor and off the field he's a great bloke, got a great family, he's such an influential part of the club. It's disappointing, but he'll still be around the boys, getting us fired up every week."

Read more: Latimore backs players to follow Graham's lead

Whereas the Dragons were without a readymade replacement in 2018, that will not be the case this season.

The arrival of Corey Norman in the off-season and retention of Matt Dufty will see Dufty slot straight into the fullback position. Hooker Cameron McInnes has full confidence Dufty will pick up where he left off last season.

"He's our captain and one of the best players in the world," McInnes said of Widdop. "So obviously there's an impact, but having Corey and Matt Dufty come into the side, it's a great luxury to have.

"We'll miss our skipper for sure, but until he's back, and I don't know what the time frame is, we'll just have to keep competing and doing our best.

"Matt was our fullback all last year, so I'm very comfortable with him in the side, as we all are, and Corey, he's one of the best halves in the game, so I feel very comfortable playing with all of them."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...-widdops-future-hangs-in-the-balance/?cs=3713

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
St George Illawarra players remain hopeful Gareth Widdop will return this season
Dragons Den
r0_226_2988_1906_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Pain barrier: Gareth Widdop. Picture: AAP Image/Dave Hunt
St George Illawarra remain hopeful Gareth Widdop will feature again for the Dragons in 2019 despite the shoulder injury he suffered in Thursday night's victory over the Broncos.

After losing their first two games, the side kick-started their season with a one-point win thanks to a Corey Norman field goal at the death.

The victory came at a cost, however, with the Dragons skipper dislocating his right shoulder late in the piece. It was the same shoulder he dislocated twice in 2018.

Given Widdop is returning to England at the end of the season, there were immediate fears he will not play for the club again.

Widdop is due for scans which will reveal the full extent of the damage, with hopes high a shoulder reconstruction will not be required.

Speaking on Friday after the win, prop Paul Vaughan was hopeful he would line up alongside his captain later in the season.

"I hope I haven't payed my last game with him," Vaughan said. "I love the bloke and it's obviously not what you want. They're getting scans and they'll probably find out from there.

"It's a terrible thing to happen, especially to our skipper. He wants to go off on a real high note and I'm sure he will do that, it's just a bit of a roadblock at the moment."

Depending on the result of scans, Widdop could be forced to undergo a shoulder reconstruction immediately, which would rule him out for six months and leave him in a race to be fit for the finals.

The best-case scenario for Widdop would be three to six weeks on the sidelines with rehab and no surgery.

This is the route Widdop took in 2018 after his first dislocation, suffered against the Eels in round 22. After three weeks out, he returned for the Dragons elimination final against the Broncos.

That return turned sour in the second half, when Widdop dislocated the same shoulder, and he went on to undergo a reconstruction.

Vaughan acknowledged Widdop is a key figure in the team, however he's confident the Dragons can overcome his absence.

"Personally for myself, when I first moved up here, he had a big impact. He's obviously a great club skipper and gets the boys together, all that kind of stuff.

"He's just a class player, on the field he's got that X-factor and off the field he's a great bloke, got a great family, he's such an influential part of the club. It's disappointing, but he'll still be around the boys, getting us fired up every week."

Read more: Latimore backs players to follow Graham's lead

Whereas the Dragons were without a readymade replacement in 2018, that will not be the case this season.

The arrival of Corey Norman in the off-season and retention of Matt Dufty will see Dufty slot straight into the fullback position. Hooker Cameron McInnes has full confidence Dufty will pick up where he left off last season.

"He's our captain and one of the best players in the world," McInnes said of Widdop. "So obviously there's an impact, but having Corey and Matt Dufty come into the side, it's a great luxury to have.

"We'll miss our skipper for sure, but until he's back, and I don't know what the time frame is, we'll just have to keep competing and doing our best.

"Matt was our fullback all last year, so I'm very comfortable with him in the side, as we all are, and Corey, he's one of the best halves in the game, so I feel very comfortable playing with all of them."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...-widdops-future-hangs-in-the-balance/?cs=3713
Good read as usual ....thanks for your continued efforts

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
On Widdops injury is there any info on his scans to date.....one would think hes had them by now.....not looking good I know but hopefully its not another op