What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interchange

How does everyone feel now about Ivans use of it. Finally we seeing people rested cos they tired not at a certain time like in previous weeks. Like to see Rapira play more minutes

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How does everyone feel now about Ivans use of it. Finally we seeing people rested cos they tired not at a certain time like in previous weeks. Like to see Rapira play more minutes

Looking at the stats the forward interchange was spot on tonight. Rapira made 104 metres and 39 tackles, I don't think he needed any more minutes. Ta'ai, Packer, Lillyman & Matulino all got decent numbers too, indicating that they were effectively used. The only reservation I had was holding back Mara as long as Ivan did, though I guess he wanted to use most of his interchanges on the big boys.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Whether good luck or good management, Ta'ai and Packer came on at the perfect time. After the start we had we'd done well to get ourselves back into a good position, but those two came on and tore the Storm forwards a new one.

hitman82

Bench
I think Heremaia was playing so well in the first 50 there was no point benching him.

I noticed when Mara did come on, it was JUST after a Heremaia error, which looked to be fatigue-related.

Great use of the bench. And Mara should run more.

Warmess

Juniors
Our forwards actually ran the ball a lot more last night and it showed. Typically our outside backs cart the ball up for 3 of the plays during most of our sets throughout the game, but last night that only started happening towards the end of the game, iirc.

Was great to finally see the forwards step up and put on some hurt, but as I said in the game day thread, they've had 2 weeks rest ;p

This kind of performance needs to be the benchmark, if we can play like that in Melbourne, then replicating that at home should be a given. I see a big slip in the coming weeks though, as the Warriors tend to do.

It helped having 2 backrowers in the centres so they do hit ups 2 and 3 which leaves more juice in the tank for the props. Goood selection

Izz

Bench
Yeah, very good bench use. I thought Cleary waiting until the last quarter to bring Mara on was good, because that gave him more opportunity to take advantage of tired markers. Heremaia's best game of the season, though (admittedly behind a dominant forward pack for the first time, too).

Judd

Juniors
Yeah, good use of the bench...might have had a little hiccup though if Iro didnt persuade Inu to stay on..lol. Glad he recovered to have his best game for the Warriors so far.

I think Heremaia was playing so well in the first 50 there was no point benching him.

I noticed when Mara did come on, it was JUST after a Heremaia error, which looked to be fatigue-related.

Great use of the bench. And Mara should run more.

This.

Heremaia had a great first half. Amazing what some decent service out ov dummy half makes for the game. Makes me excited for Friend next year.

Latest posts