What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interchanges

dazza1976

Juniors
I have the pc version and play with a 8 button genius joypad A B C X Y Z and the two back left and right buttons after millions of attempts i cant make an interchange either with the joypad or by pressing the escape button to pause the game...when i go to the ingame menu by pressing escape the interchange option is not available at anytime of the game even half time or after tries and conversions. its really ruining what is a good and enjoyable game. can anybody assist?
i have set the buttons up as follows (A) sprint (B) change player and score try (c) tackle (x) fend (y) side step (Z) chip and bomb and back two for passing left and right so have no remaining buttons for any other options. is this an error by the makers or me missing something obvious?
Cheers Dazza

rabs

Staff member
dazza1976 said:
I have the pc version and play with a 8 button genius joypad A B C X Y Z and the two back left and right buttons after millions of attempts i cant make an interchange either with the joypad or by pressing the escape button to pause the game...when i go to the ingame menu by pressing escape the interchange option is not available at anytime of the game even half time or after tries and conversions. its really ruining what is a good and enjoyable game. can anybody assist?
i have set the buttons up as follows (A) sprint (B) change player and score try (c) tackle (x) fend (y) side step (Z) chip and bomb and back two for passing left and right so have no remaining buttons for any other options. is this an error by the makers or me missing something obvious?
Cheers Dazza

They must not have tested it with a lot of gamepads mate, I have a thrustmaster 8 button and it also has no way to get the interchange happening. You'll notice that by playing with the keyboard you can access interchanging by pressing the ESC key, but with the controller it doesn't allow it. I have heard that by using a PS2 controller run through a TRU-BLU converter to the PC that all options are available. The PS2 controller has the Start button that will act as the ESC key. It's either an oversight or a way to get you to buy the converter from TRU BLU.

bulldog

Bench
I have 2 USB Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog's , no problems with anything , if u have thrustmaster download thrustmapper and you can emulate KB , Mouse etc. with your pad and maybe that will help you , I don't use it but I know it works with most things .

rabs

Staff member
bulldog said:
I have 2 USB Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog's , no problems with anything , if u have thrustmaster download thrustmapper and you can emulate KB , Mouse etc. with your pad and maybe that will help you , I don't use it but I know it works with most things .

mine is a Thrustmaster Firestorm Digital 3 - no analog sticks, it was a cheapie so that's probably why it doesnt work with getting interchange up

rabs

Staff member
a dodgy solution is to assign "Pause Game" to either the Sidestep or Fend buttons thus forsaking one of those attacking options, but it does result in access to the interchange

Latest posts