What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Stat

If you want to redefine the modern game, start with a clean slate. To begin with position names:

1) Coccix
2) Bloke who can't pass but is quite tall
3) Bloke who can't pass left to right
4) Bloke who can't pass right to left
5) Blok who can't pass but likes the number 5
6) Guy who likes passing and not running
7) Guy who likes passing quite a lot, but running occasionally
8) Fatso
9) Vertebrae C1
10) Slightly taller fatso
11) Tall big bloke who can step inside off right foot
12) Tall big bloke who can step inside off left foot
13) Bloke who doesn't fit elsewhere.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well, this became interesting.

Sorry guys, a lot going on in my head. As was guessed it is Corey Norman.

bartman

Immortal
Back page of today's Rugby League Week.

754 passes. The most by any player outside of those playing hooker. I know people have been critical of his influence on a game and whether he has been a success or not but make of it what you will. I know statistics aren't the be all and end all but his importance to our team in terms of its direction is the main thing I can draw from it.
So Corey Norman... a fair enough stat. Given that he would take responsibility for one side of the field, including linking with the centre/winger and Hayne when he injects himself, and considering Sandow would do more of the kicking (and less passing on those tackles as a result).

We all look for flashy plays or displays to show a players' value to the team, but often lose sight of the little but important/regular contributions - of which hands on the ball/passing is one. The stat also tells me that we won't miss Joseph Paulo's role too much next season, if Norman is already doing more passing than any other halves playmaker in the league?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
i could care less,

This means that you do actually care. A hooker or dummy half touches the ball first, Joe Paulo more often than not touches the ball second and mainly passes to other forwards and when he wants the ball given to the backs he passes it to the other halves, so when using traditional terms he is a halfback but seeing as League has changed so much these terms are irrelevant, and the best way to describe the role Joseph Paulo plays in our team is middle half, or if you don't like that ball-playing lock.

oldmancraigy

Coach
This means that you do actually care. A hooker or dummy half touches the ball first, Joe Paulo more often than not touches the ball second and mainly passes to other forwards and when he wants the ball given to the backs he passes it to the other halves, so when using traditional terms he is a halfback but seeing as League has changed so much these terms are irrelevant, and the best way to describe the role Joseph Paulo plays in our team is middle half, or if you don't like that ball-playing lock.

The old school lock is exactly what he is, but these days locks are small props. So lock doesn't work. And modern halves are very different, half implies control, JP is off the cuff.

But really, I just argue to stir people up.....

oldmancraigy

Coach
I guess he'd be doing both at different times.

How about The Hooker Who Doesn't Bend Over To Pick Up The Ball From The Ruck?

THWDBOTPUTBFTR?

The problem is, when you say 'ruck', it conjures up images of Rugby Union for us old timers. We broke free from that game, and really need new language.

how about we replace the last few words with 'After It Has Been Played By The Man Who Just Got Tackled'?

THWDBOTPUTBAIHBPBTMWJGT

I'll send if off to Rabs and have him incorporate it into future calls.

Latest posts