What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Friendly - Japan v Thailand

mattystans000

Juniors
Hi All,

My mate who runs the waters for Japan whenever they come out Sydney way is telling me that the Samurai will be playing a match against Thailand this Thursday at Redfern Oval. As a warm up to their involvement in the Cabramatta International 9s.

No official word of it yet that I can find on the interwebs, but he said he'll get more details to me on Tuesday. I saw and filmed Japan v Portugal last year, not sure i'll be filming again this year, but the Japanese team put on an entertaining style of footy, so i'll be sure to be out there again after work.

I'll pass on more details when I get them in case anyone else here might plan on going too for some International Footy.

mattystans000

Juniors
1017346_412721358831385_1064441069_n.jpg

CQ Italia

Juniors
thailand stars v Japan is the rlif/asian cup linked group run by Andrew Charles from what Ive read.

TRL is a "rebel" group who played "Greece A".

Last edited:

Bronco Rob

Juniors
found this

Anyone else confused?

I'm confused at how we continually as a sport shoot ourselves in the foot by putting self-interest and agendas before the good of the game. Christ Thailand hasn't even got a bona-fide domestic comp running yet and we have 2 seperate organisations trying to start-up.

byrner

Juniors
Ahh Rugby League, gotta love it.
Why dont these two boddies play each other as two different teams.

Rodney

Juniors
Thailand 46 Japan 10
To date Japan have not won a game from 13 full internationals (excluding 9s). Its probably not gonna get any easier with their proximity to the Philippines and their proposed spot in the Asian cup.
But at least they have a team and are playing matches, its a platform to build on.

Last edited:

crimpo

Juniors
Didn't Japan beat Canada in Orlando in 1999? I wouldn't want them to be cheated of their victory if they've had one!

crimpo

Juniors
Yeah - it was a world cup qualifier. Canada got them back 28-12 in the Emerging Nations a year later!

slickrabbit

Juniors
The Heat played the Philippines who destroyed Thailand and now Thailand destroyed us.
Yeah I would say it's just as bad....

You need to get your facts right. Firstly, the Philippines side that played Thailand, which only lost I believe 42-12, or thereabouts, had a few of their NRL players. So based on that, Thailand, the Aussie expat one, are a very strong side to only lose by that score. Also, Japan were missing 8-9 first choice players on this tour, due to injury and/or couldn't get time off to travel. Research before posting drivel...

slickrabbit

Juniors
Also, to add, there were 6-7 players who had either never played league, or had only played a handful of games so it was always going to be a challenge to play teams with Aus based heritage players, who have played the game their entire lives.

Latest posts