What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Origin: England vs Exiles

RHCP

Bench
for christ sake...this exiles team would be the 4th best side in the world if it was a nation...more than capable than beating england...and beating NZ given that ENG v NZ games tend to be 50/50 games...and if they can beat NZ then it's not beyond the realms of possibilties that the exiles could beat australia once in a while...
It is unfathomable how far outside the realms of possibilities that is.

DINGb@T

Juniors
I'm surprised there's still so many Poms still on the fence or rubbishing this concept. From what I can tell it's exactly what they need for the international team re: strong competition to remain competitive and the promotional aspect has been brilliant. If it's a decent success this year then you'd think they could get a lot more than 10,000 voting next year and get an even bigger grass roots promotional push.

And I still think that beating a team of blow-in antipodeans is the 'chip on the shoulder' equivalent of Queensland always needing to prove that it's better than NSW. A gritty hard fought loss that hurts the ego and makes them even more motivated to beat the 'southern hemisphere freeloaders' next year may even be the best result... maybe. Would get 'em fired up for the next game.

roughyedspud

Coach
england 22man squad

England 22-man squad: Ryan Atkins (Warrington Wolves), Chris Bridge (Warrington Wolves), Tom Briscoe (Hull FC), Danny Brough (Huddersfield Giants), Garreth Carvell (Warrington Wolves), Eorl Crabtree (Huddersfield Giants), Leroy Cudjoe (Huddersfield Giants), James Graham (St Helens), Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos), Jamie Jones-Buchanan (Leeds Rhinos), Adrian Morley (Warrington Wolves), Richard Myler (Warrington Wolves), Sean O'Loughlin (Wigan Warriors), Jamie Peacock (Leeds Rhinos), Luke Robinson (Huddersfield Giants), James Roby (St Helens), Michael Shenton (St Helens), Kevin Sinfield (Leeds Rhinos), Joel Tomkins (Wigan Warriors), Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors), Ben Westwood (Warrington Wolves), Jon Wilkin (St Helens)

roughyedspud

Coach
trying to come up with a team from that...don't get why he's selected 4 centres but only three 6's& 7's

1. sam tomkins
2. tom briscoe
3. joel tomkins - have to persevere with him,played there all year and getting better by the game
4. michael shenton
5. ryan hall
6. danny brough
7. richie myler
8. adrian morley
9. james roby
10. james graham
11. ben westwood
12. JJB
13. sean o'loughlin

14. kev sinfield - he's a better utility that luke robinson
15. jamie peacock
16. gareth carvell
17. erol crabtree

JasonE

Bench
I don't like that squad at all, they had a chance to blood a few inform youngsters and instead they stuck with some proven failures.

The Clan

Juniors
S Tomkins
T Briscoe
R Atkins
M Shenton
R Hall

K Sinfield
D Brough

J Peacock
J Roby
J Graham
B Westwood
J Tomkins
S O'Loughlin

L Robinson
A Morley
G Carvell
E Crabtree

The Clan

Juniors
I think the changes from that team for the 4Ns will be:

S Tomkins
T Briscoe
M Shenton
J Tomkins
R Hall

G Widdop
D Brough

J Peacock
J Roby
J Graham
G Ellis
S Burgess
S O'Loughlin

D McGuire
Mossop
G Hock
A Morley

roughyedspud

Coach
kev sinfield is nailed on,barring injury,for that no 14/utility spot on the bench at the end of the season..thats why he'll be playing 6 on friday to give him a run out with brough...then come the 4nations widdop will be 6 and sinfield at 14...ready to give roby a breather if he needs it or come on a 6 or 13 through injury..

joel tomkins will start @ center too...he has too

westie

Bench
Why do the Brits have such a fascination with "blooding youngsters". It's a f**king international. You don't blood youngsters, it's not the end of a failed season of club football.

The two best centres in the game after the WC debacle were still Gleeson and Senior. And since then I've watched some absolute dribblers embarrass themselves.

Two years ago you blooded the new guys as the future of the game. Now you've realised a lot are shit, you want to put more in? Here's an idea. Pick the most talented players. Players we're actually scared of.

Also. Briscoe and Goulding are diabolical players.