What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International RL is a joke

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Apparently the RFL have changed the date of the 2nd test match of the England v NZ series at anfield from Saturday 3rd of November to Sunday 4th of November.

Incredibly this isn’t the 1st change to the 2nd test at anfield as the time of kick off was moved in June of this year from 2,30 pm to 5.30 pm!!!

We deserve every bit of criticism and insults that is thrown at RL as we are a amateur Mickey Mouse sport. I sincerely hope that nobody turns up for this game now. What a f-ing disgrace the RFL are.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Completely over the top thread title. It's a fixture date. Breathe in, breathe out.
Sorry. Not over the top in the slightest. The game is just over 8 weeks out and has been changed from a Saturday to Sunday meaning a lot of people who has booked train tickets and hotels on that day for and in Liverpool can’t now attend.

latingringo101

Juniors
Do Premier League games really put off International Rugby league games that much? If they are kicking off at two different times what's the big deals if there's a bit more traffic?

Springs09

Juniors
Sorry. Not over the top in the slightest. The game is just over 8 weeks out and has been changed from a Saturday to Sunday meaning a lot of people who has booked train tickets and hotels on that day for and in Liverpool can’t now attend.

Yeah, it is over the top. International rugby league is a joke (change the record btw, we hear this about 5000 times a year) because the RFL changed a fixture date?

And trains and hotels, it's England, most RL fans are a couple of hours away from Liverpool. Booked a hotel for Saturday? Stay Saturday, go to the game Sunday and leave after the game.

It's inconvenient, it's not the end of the world and has nothing to do with the RLIF.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yeah, it is over the top. International rugby league is a joke (change the record btw, we hear this about 5000 times a year) because the RFL changed a fixture date?

And trains and hotels, it's England, most RL fans are a couple of hours away from Liverpool. Booked a hotel for Saturday? Stay Saturday, go to the game Sunday and leave after the game.

It's inconvenient, it's not the end of the world and has nothing to do with the RLIF.
The reason you hear international RL is a joke 5000 times a year is because unfortunately it is as this latest cockup proves along with the Australia v Tonga fiasco and the England v nz Denver test etc.

As for people with train tickets and hotels booked for Saturday try telling them that “it’s over the top.” People have/had over things planned for the next day like stag do’s and visiting family etc. Some guy on the total RL forum had organized a stag do in Liverpool on Saturday night and was taking 50 to them game in the afternoon beforehand but now they obviously can’t. Other people where flying in from Germany and Ireland but now can’t make it so it’s “not over the top” for them.

Springs09

Juniors
The reason you hear international RL is a joke 5000 times a year is because unfortunately it is as this latest cockup proves along with the Australia v Tonga fiasco and the England v nz Denver test etc.

As for people with train tickets and hotels booked for Saturday try telling them that “it’s over the top.” People have/had over things planned for the next day like stag do’s and visiting family etc. Some guy on the total RL forum had organized a stag do in Liverpool on Saturday night and was taking 50 to them game in the afternoon beforehand but now they obviously can’t. Other people where flying in from Germany and Ireland but now can’t make it so it’s “not over the top” for them.

None of that's got to do with international RL and everything to do with the RFL and NRL. It's like saying international soccer is a joke because of all the rubbish that goes on with FIFA.

Oh no the poor stag do bloke, how can they go to a game hungover?? Why can't people from Ireland make it? 6pm on a Sunday too late to fly home? You know what, I was planning to watch this Saturday night, now it will be be Sunday night or early Monday morning and I have work the next day, I'm outraged!

But it's great we got another guy on just to whinge about everything, well done. What is a joke in RL is how so many of its fans and media take a small inconvenience or disappointment and make it seem like it's the end of the f**king world and the death of RL is just around the corner.

jim_57

Staff member
None of that's got to do with international RL and everything to do with the RFL and NRL. It's like saying international soccer is a joke because of all the rubbish that goes on with FIFA.

Oh no the poor stag do bloke, how can they go to a game hungover?? Why can't people from Ireland make it? 6pm on a Sunday too late to fly home? You know what, I was planning to watch this Saturday night, now it will be be Sunday night or early Monday morning and I have work the next day, I'm outraged!

But it's great we got another guy on just to whinge about everything, well done. What is a joke in RL is how so many of its fans and media take a small inconvenience or disappointment and make it seem like it's the end of the f**king world and the death of RL is just around the corner.

Well, hang on a minute, "small inconvience"? there is every reason for people to be outraged over this. Many people will have been put out financially and logistically by this even if they can still attend. Not everyone is a Monday to Friday worker, no flight/travel or accom change is going to be free, god forbid if anyone had planned a weekend of it and had plans on the Sunday, because life doesn't revolve completely around Rugby League. It may only be a minor inconvience to some, but there will undoubtedly be a few who now can't make it and/or will lose money over the whole situation, all with a whopping 8 weeks notice. I'd be f**king livid too.

deluded pom?

Coach
This isn't the only example of RFL ineptitude. They put out a tweet yesterday commemorating the 123 years since the great schism from RU. Unfortunately they tweeted that the split was from the Northern Rugby Football Union. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Walter sobchak

First Grade

Well I’m so glad for you that this late in the day change of scheduling for a major international RL event doesn’t affect you with you being 12,000 miles away watching it in front of the TV from the warm confines of your living room. To hell with all those miserable moaning bas#@ds who’s weekend has now been ruined and are now out of pocket in some cases to the tune of hundreds of pounds as long as you’re alright. That’s the main thing. Me, me, me me.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Well, hang on a minute, "small inconvience"? there is every reason for people to be outraged over this. Many people will have been put out financially and logistically by this even if they can still attend. Not everyone is a Monday to Friday worker, no flight/travel or accom change is going to be free, god forbid if anyone had planned a weekend of it and had plans on the Sunday, because life doesn't revolve completely around Rugby League. It may only be a minor inconvience to some, but there will undoubtedly be a few who now can't make it and/or will lose money over the whole situation, all with a whopping 8 weeks notice. I'd be f**king livid too.
Exactly but unfortunately some people can’t think about anybody else but themselves. He’s not affected so big deal. What’s the fuss, just suck it up.

Can you imagine how the people who are diehard RL fans who have persuaded none RL fans to attend for it to be moved and they can’t now make it. Like so many have???

Walter sobchak

First Grade
This isn't the only example of RFL ineptitude. They put out a tweet yesterday commemorating the 123 years since the great schism from RU. Unfortunately they tweeted that the split was from the Northern Rugby Football Union. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.
Do you think that they do it on purpose? Because I refuse to believe that anybody could be so useless. Unless you are frank Spencer.