What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International weekend

Iamback

Coach
What a weekend for our club. Very happy with the performances of our players so far.

Big test comes tomorrow. We've been copping a bit due to the outcome of game one. I hope they fire up.

Fish's try assist was pretty good today

Girds89

Bench
If critta wants a pay rise from 2024 onwards i feel like he will be the man to go. He will be after money in the 800k vicinity i imagine. The dolphins will be able to afford that as will a few others. We certainly wont.

I think turuva will have to be patient. Maybe get a few games here and there if theres injuries.

But i wouldnt be changing the backine atm.

Maybe in 2024 if we cant keep critta we look like-
Edwards
Too
Tiny
Tago
Turuva

Tago can play on the right and left so that helps.

Iamback

Coach
If critta wants a pay rise from 2024 onwards i feel like he will be the man to go. He will be after money in the 800k vicinity i imagine. The dolphins will be able to afford that as will a few others. We certainly wont.

I think turuva will have to be patient. Maybe get a few games here and there if theres injuries.

But i wouldnt be changing the backine atm.

Maybe in 2024 if we cant keep critta we look like-
Edwards
Too
Tiny
Tago
Turuva

Tago can play on the right and left so that helps.

no way Critter leaves.

To'o would go too in that case

So it leaves the question. Are we better with Garner in or Turuva?

Girds89

Bench
no way Critter leaves.

To'o would go too in that case

So it leaves the question. Are we better with Garner in or Turuva?
Not saying i want him to go but realistically i dont think we will get anywhere near the offers he will get. Some clubs might throw a mill at him to play fb.

Well personally i think the club should maybe take some radical steps in the off season and give tiny the whole off season to train at hooker..

He played there a bit growing up. He plays well above his weight and is very strong.. can he pass well enough and make 40 tackles a game?? Dont know. But hes running game around tired blokes in the middle would be the best in the game.

If he makes a go of hooker turuva can go to the wing.

As for garner i just dont think he offers what we need. Im sure he will be a good back up player.

I hoping theres another 2nd row signing before next year.

Iamback

Coach
Not saying i want him to go but realistically i dont think we will get anywhere near the offers he will get. Some clubs might throw a mill at him to play fb.

Well personally i think the club should maybe take some radical steps in the off season and give tiny the whole off season to train at hooker..

He played there a bit growing up. He plays well above his weight and is very strong.. can he pass well enough and make 40 tackles a game?? Dont know. But hes running game around tired blokes in the middle would be the best in the game.

If he makes a go of hooker turuva can go to the wing.

As for garner i just dont think he offers what we need. Im sure he will be a good back up player.

I hoping theres another 2nd row signing before next year.

As I said with Tago and May. Family is important to him. We will offer a good deal for someone in his position. Say in the area and go to church with his family each week. Or take overs and move interstate.

Sponsorship, Rep teams all come from playing in successful teams.

I'd have Garner in the Salmon role. So we have cover if they are getting worked over.

Kiks and Api are irreplaceable alone. Certainly not with Kenny/Garner. So if we can get some speed into the forwards or something we can evolve our game to still have an x factor.

Panfa

Juniors
Turuva is a great ball runner and safe under the high ball.But 1 thing I did notice is he can't pass a football properly no spiral pass just an ugly hand off style needs to learn how to pass for 1st grade.

Iamback

Coach
Turuva is a great ball runner and safe under the high ball.But 1 thing I did notice is he can't pass a football properly no spiral pass just an ugly hand off style needs to learn how to pass for 1st grade.

That is why he is fine in NSW Cup now. After a WC against decent players and another pre-season. Who knows