What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International weekend

What a great weekend for the Panthers. Right across the test and origin games we had a majority of our players involved and they all did us proud. Highlights for me were Cleary MoTM in a huge NSW win, the break-out performance of Turuva (I hadn’t seen him play before but he looked a goer) and (I’ll claim it as a Panther thing because the cameras lingered on Kiks) the hymn at the end of the PNG/Fiji game.

What a weekend for our club. Very happy with the performances of our players so far.

Big test comes tomorrow. We've been copping a bit due to the outcome of game one. I hope they fire up.
Sorry Fangs; should have read your post before saying almost 100% what you did.

A great time to be a Panther supporter.

Mojo

Bench
A witty retort, but come on Billy, you dish it out plenty of times sometimes you gotta take it. I once said Cleary was rubbish and should be a hooker. Here he is with two SOO MOM's, a Clive Churchill medal, a Premiership and he is only 24. That makes me a, let me see, multiply by 3, carry the four, yep, here it is, a dunce to the power of four. Dunce cubed in fact.

BTW Cleary was doing plenty in the first half. His defence was ferocious and his kicks were winning the territory battle, just like they do for Penrith. QLD spent all their time rucking ut the ball from inside their own 10m line. The kick chase was good and pinned QLD down. Nothing happens, then the fatigue hits the other side and the dam breaks. That is exactly what happened in this match. The Panthers do it every week, grind teams into submission.

Burton falling on a grubber and also getting an assist for passing to Too', who started those moves? I'll give you a clue. His surname rhymes with bleary, starts with a "C" and ends in "leary".
Sorry Pomoz, I can't resist it: dunce to the power of four is not the same as dunce cubed.
As a result of this minor error you have now earned promotion to dunce to the power of five.

Iamback

Coach
A witty retort, but come on Billy, you dish it out plenty of times sometimes you gotta take it. I once said Cleary was rubbish and should be a hooker. Here he is with two SOO MOM's, a Clive Churchill medal, a Premiership and he is only 24. That makes me a, let me see, multiply by 3, carry the four, yep, here it is, a dunce to the power of four. Dunce cubed in fact.

BTW Cleary was doing plenty in the first half. His defence was ferocious and his kicks were winning the territory battle, just like they do for Penrith. QLD spent all their time rucking ut the ball from inside their own 10m line. The kick chase was good and pinned QLD down. Nothing happens, then the fatigue hits the other side and the dam breaks. That is exactly what happened in this match. The Panthers do it every week, grind teams into submission.

Burton falling on a grubber and also getting an assist for passing to Too', who started those moves? I'll give you a clue. His surname rhymes with bleary, starts with a "C" and ends in "leary".

It was a very Penrith like performance all round. QLD couldn't leave their half the whole 2nd 40 mins. We worked them over big time

As for Cleary at hooker. A few of us thought the same thing although with Cam Smith being so good in the position. Who says the results are any different?

Pre Api times were a punish. Luai was sitting in NSW Cup thankifully he was patient is bided his time

Pomoz

Bench
Sorry Pomoz, I can't resist it: dunce to the power of four is not the same as dunce cubed.
As a result of this minor error you have now earned promotion to dunce to the power of five.
I know. I'm a dunce don't forget!

Kilkenny

Coach
I missed the game, due to being at a Human Nature concert. Looking forward to watching a replay, maybe tomorrow. It’s always interesting reading viewpoints talking down some of our players, such viewpoints are probably best left until the game is completed, where a more balanced opinion can be put forward. By most accounts our players performed admirably and it is an amazing achievement to have 7 representatives for the one side in a SOO game. What is the record, out of interest? Has there been any other instances where the one club side has contributed so many players?

Iamback

Coach
I missed the game, due to being at a Human Nature concert. Looking forward to watching a replay, maybe tomorrow. It’s always interesting reading viewpoints talking down some of our players, such viewpoints are probably best left until the game is completed, where a more balanced opinion can be put forward. By most accounts our players performed admirably and it is an amazing achievement to have 7 representatives for the one side in a SOO game. What is the record, out of interest? Has there been any other instances where the one club side has contributed so many players?

7 is equal record

Black Panther

Juniors
A great weekend by all of the Panthers, but all it has done is put all our players in he shop window for the vultures. Even more so now than before..

WestyLife

First Grade

Not really any negatives from our players over the weekend. Even Staines who'd be on the lower end of performers in public opinion ran for 209m had a line break and 5 tackle breaks and on the other end was Cleary but you'll see that master-class when you watch.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not really any negatives from our players over the weekend. Even Staines who'd be on the lower end of performers in public opinion ran for 209m had a line break and 5 tackle breaks and on the other end was Cleary but you'll see that master-class when you watch.
I think the thing with Charlie is NRL spots at fullback are arguably the toughest spots to get a gig.

Every club has at the very least a half decent option.

Understandably he is exploring his options, it is just hard to see an opportunity for him which is a shame.

Pleased for Nathan, he received a lot of unwarranted criticism after game 1, so to get MOM in game 2 says a lot about his character and obviously helped by a better team performance by the sounds of it.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think the thing with Charlie is NRL spots at fullback are arguably the toughest spots to get a gig.

Every club has at the very least a half decent option.

Understandably he is exploring his options, it is just hard to see an opportunity for him which is a shame.

Pleased for Nathan, he received a lot of unwarranted criticism after game 1, so to get MOM in game 2 says a lot about his character and obviously helped by a better team performance by the sounds of it.

My comment was less about Staines and more just demonstrating our players had an overall good showing across the weekend.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m just surprised no one has reacted to Kilkenny’s revelation that he is a Human Nature fan…
Wife and I love live music And going to shows generally. Neither of us actually fans as such, but must say there show was brilliant. We both really enjoyed.