What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intervention Required: Johns wants winner take all 4th game of Origin

Reflector

Juniors
I've sometimes wondered about the merit of it being like the NBA with a 5 game series. But this?

This idea makes no sense.

What ever Johns is on he has clearly gone to far

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...r/news-story/4a077f27dddee65bd0289b3811d9d017

The whole idea is so stupid I cant be bothered picking apart the problems with it

Can't think of many ideas worse than this (but Johns now has)..

WWd90dU.jpg

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm a bit fearful for my mental state because I get where he is going with it. ha ha

The winner takes all part is the player payment. It has no bearing on the actual mid year series result. It's no different to the game that was held in the US in the eighties. Just a one off promotional game. It probably wouldn't be a bad money maker, but I can't imagine the NRL going with it.

T-Boon

Coach
I think it would be better off being the winner of the origin series playing a world 13 including the players from the defeated state.

Styles clash

Juniors
I'm a bit fearful for my mental state because I get where he is going with it. ha ha

The winner takes all part is the player payment. It has no bearing on the actual mid year series result. It's no different to the game that was held in the US in the eighties. Just a one off promotional game. It probably wouldn't be a bad money maker, but I can't imagine the NRL going with it.

English people have the internet. If we know it's an exhibition game they'll know it too.

soc123_au

Staff member
English people have the internet. If we know it's an exhibition game they'll know it too.
I think it would still draw a crowd regardless. I don't think your average pom will care if a series is riding on it. It's a chance to see a potentially high quality game.

Unfortunately Origin hasnt been a high quality game for some time. Its appeal is the passion of both players and fans, quality of the footy is a distant second

iJehovah

Juniors
Matthew Johns is a W*nker
he'd have wanted it when he was playing SOO cuz then he may have actually won a series