What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Cup 2016

expansionist

Juniors
You're very reasonable for an Easts supporter.

Time for eftpos at the gate don't you reckon? Walking into that club for a teller machine is like having a finger poked in your eye.

hahaha I do consider myself the thinking mans Easts supporter.

There are a huge number of things wrong with Langlands and Easts in general.. basically that whole complex really clearly illustrates the wrong priorities they have - they're definitely a licensed venue first and a sporting organisation distant second

XXXX Cap

Juniors
They have been a strange team to play in recent years. My rule of thumb is that they will have one 15 minute patch in a game when they run riot, for the rest of the time they are average. How you restrict the damage during their good period determines whether you win or not.

expansionist

Juniors
They have been a strange team to play in recent years. My rule of thumb is that they will have one 15 minute patch in a game when they run riot, for the rest of the time they are average. How you restrict the damage during their good period determines whether you win or not.

Thats a very good observation. I do wonder sometimes about the coaching mentality, and how the players are coached to play.

When they have their tails up and throw the ball around they look good... which makes me wonder if theyre being coached to play it dull?

expansionist

Juniors
Having an association with Melbourne does that to a club. Easts didnt know if Young Tounimapea was flying up for their semi final against townsville till saturday night at 11pm. sometimes these nrl contracted players never get to train with the team for the week and are expected to perform on game day. This was proven when Tounimapea was terrible against the blackhawks

One more comment on this (sorry for turning this into the Easts Thread..)

I agree the Melbs thing is contributing, but I get the impression they also do it on purpose.. One match I approached my favourite player after the game, and asked him what was going on with team selections (he wasnt named originally, then was on the team sheet as one number, but played in a different position again..)

He laughed shook his head and said theyre playing games..

Stewbum

Juniors
Thats a very good observation. I do wonder sometimes about the coaching mentality, and how the players are coached to play.

When they have their tails up and throw the ball around they look good... which makes me wonder if theyre being coached to play it dull?
That was my impression in the Easts v Redcliffe game at Langlands. Easts should have won that but let Redcliffe creep back into the game.

I'm not accustomed to Redcliffe's forwards being rolled. Usually we have one of the toughest (if not biggest) going around. No offense to the incumbents intended as they have recovered well in nearly every game but the awful starts persist, and the Major Semi result has been on the cards for a while. I'm hoping they fire up early on Sunday.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Speaking of Redcliffe star studded side, Mose Pangai and Tatua Moga will be in red and white next year. where does that leave Aaron Whitchurch? Backrow maybe unless the rumours that he is signing with the bunnies are true.

Reddy throwing alot of money around to compensate for fulltime Broncos.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
From the QRL site :

The Redcliffe Dolphins have qualified for next Sunday’s Intrust Super Cup grand final against the Burleigh Bears at Suncorp Stadium after beating the Sunshine Coast Falcons 38-16 in today’s preliminary final.

REDCLIFFE DOLPHINS 38 (Daniel Bridge 2, Zach Strasser, Joshua Beehag, Harley Aiono, Daniel Randall, Aaron Whitchurch tries; Joshua Beehag 5 goals) def SUNSHINE COAST FALCONS 16(Troy Giess, Samuel Wright, Eddie Tautali tries; Joe Stimson 2 goals) at Dolphin Oval.

In the FOGS Colts Challenge, Easts Tigers beat Redcliffe 21-20 in extra time to book their spot in the grand final against the Wynnum Manly Seagulls.

EASTS TIGERS 21 (Lachlan Foulds 2, Hayden Bishop, Kyle Jones tries; Matthew Richards 2 goals; Ryan Cameron field goal) def REDCLIFFE DOLPHINS 20 (William Partridge 2, Jacob O’Shea, Harrison Smith tries; Bailey Rogers 2 goals) at Dolphin Oval (Extra Time)

Next week's grand final games - Sunday, September 25

Intrust Super Cup

Burleigh Bears v Redcliffe Dolphins at Suncorp Stadium - 3.55pm

FOGS Colts Challenge

Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Easts Tigers at Suncorp Stadium - 1.45pm

So the maximum possible four clubs represented on Grand Final day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Heads up @XXXX Cap we carry this info right here on LU - easily found on the homepage or via the very top bar under Quick Links :)

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Henare Wells set to return to Burleigh for 2017. Few big names looking to leave the blackhawks as well it seems... waiting on a few Big spending brisbane clubs (Reddy,Wynumm,Easts) to see what they can fit in

Another shakey start but it all came good in the second half as the Falcons could not keep up with the momentium of their first half.

Looking forward to another grand final appearance although Reddy has lost the last 2 they've been in.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Was a great turn around on Sunday. SCs two quick early tries had me worried but the boys dug in

Im really worried about them taking on the Bears again. They were near unstoppable in the 1st half of tghe major semi. Containing and then tiring out their big pack will be the key

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ScaleWidthWyI3MDAiXQ-2016GF-QRLISC.png

Burleigh Bears v Redcliffe Dolphins
Sun September 25 2016, 3:55pm at Suncorp Stadium

BUR-16teamlist.png

1. Kurtis Rowe 2. Waka Wanahi 3. Joshua Berkers 4. Connor Broadhurst 15. Sami Sauiluma6. Cameron Cullen 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Luke Page 9. Pat Politoni 10. Paterika Vaivai 11.Caleb Morehu 12. Hayden Schwass 13. Lachlan Burr
Interchange: 14. Parahi Wilson 16. Josh Ailaomai 17. Louis Fanene 22. Nathaniel Peteru

RED-16teamlist.png

1. Jack Ahearn 2. Josh Beehag 3. Dan Randall 4. Joe Bradley 5. Curtis Johnston 6. Zach Strasser 25. Christian Hazard 8. Sam Anderson 9. Shane Pumipi 10. Charlie Faingaa 11.Aaron Whitchurch 12. Daniel Bridge 13. Chris Gesch
Interchange: 15. Brandon Lee 16. Harley Aiono 20. Taylor Brown 23. Tyson Cleal

Match Officials
Referees: Peter Gough, Jarrod Cole;Sideline Officials: Nick Morel, Peter Anderson;Video Referees: Nick Kalpakidis, Bruce Schmidt

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-isc-teams-2016-grand-final/

XXXX Cap

Juniors
2016 FOGS Colts Challenge Grand Final

Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Easts Tigers Sun September 25 2016, 1:45pm at Suncorp Stadium

WYN-16teamlist.png

1. Tumoana Halkyard 2. Te Rangiatea Mcdonald 3. Luke Modini 4. William Toloi 5. Steven Tatipata 6. Brayden Josephs 7. Aaron Booth 8. Cameron Torpy 9. Brent Woolf 10. Lachlan Barr 11. Joe Besgrove 12. Jordan Clamp 13. Cody Mcintosh
Interchange: 14. Dale Madden 15. Samasoni Potemani 16. Bailey Crompton 17. Lucky Taavale 18. Mitipere Tuatai

EAS-16teamlist.png

1. Zakaria Taibi 2. Kyle Jones 3. Hayden Bishop 4. Thomas Medcalf 5. Connor Jones 6.Joshua Curti 7. Matthew Richards 8. Riley Leota 19. Caleb Daunt 10. Anton Iaria 11. Tevita Alifa 17. Logan Fleming 13. Jesse Uhlmann
Interchange: 12. Frank Fualema 14. Ryan Cameron 15. Michael Volkanovski 18. Joel Gittins20. Lachlan Foulds 21. Heath Wilson

Match Officials
Referees: Ethan Menchin;Sideline Officials: Ryan Hayes, Jake Shearer;

Mr Formaldehyde

Juniors
Was a great turn around on Sunday. SCs two quick early tries had me worried but the boys dug in

Im really worried about them taking on the Bears again. They were near unstoppable in the 1st half of tghe major semi. Containing and then tiring out their big pack will be the key
Yes but our forwards had a sensational game v SC. They have stood tall and will do it again!

Mr Formaldehyde

Juniors
I'm not denying that but believe they can do it. They key is the forwards for the first 20 mins. Then those walking mountains will tire and a few gaps might open up....