What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Cup - Finals Series 2015: Previews; Predictions; Post Game Reports

League guru

Juniors
What a great win by Ipswich. Was good to see a team play a bit of footie against the Blackhawks bash and barge. They may have had 500 odd games of NRL experience but it was obvious why they don,t play at this level anymore. Footie over cheap shots any day.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Hope the Jets hammer the Knights next week. They really are a breath of fresh air when watching.

Either way it's, QLD's weekend next week.

langpark

First Grade
What was the crowd in the end? Looked very empty on TV.

It's such a shame, as this competition deserves so much better! What can be done do get a respectable crowd in at the Grand Final?? Cheaper tickets? Different timeslot? Change of date?? I don't know what the answer is, but we should be aiming for much higher than it's been getting in recent years.

What is the capacity of the bottom tier? 25,000? So with 15,000 in there you start to get a decent atmosphere!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
The crowd was a bit over 8,000 which was pretty good considering one of the teams was Townsville. The atmosphere was great, the storm created a bit of havoc during Colts but the day settled down and it was a quality Grand Final.

Just had a look at the VFL GF played today at Etihad - the crowd there was 12,900 so the Q Cup did well in comparison. The VFL gets far more coverage than the Queensland Cup gets in the media and there were two Melbourne based teams in it.

Would be interested in the NSW Cup attendance.

langpark

First Grade
I think the two finals matches the Broncos had was a good opportunity to push ticket sales! Maybe at half time, run a one-minute highlights package of the Q-Cup, showing how entertaining it really is, then keep the ticket booths at the stadium open straight after the match so fans can get a ticket, maybe even combine it with a deal if they buy it then and there. That's 52,500 potential customers, sitting there for the taking!!

gyallop

Juniors
I think the two finals matches the Broncos had was a good opportunity to push ticket sales! Maybe at half time, run a one-minute highlights package of the Q-Cup, showing how entertaining it really is, then keep the ticket booths at the stadium open straight after the match so fans can get a ticket, maybe even combine it with a deal if they buy it then and there. That's 52,500 potential customers, sitting there for the taking!!

Very solid idea shame the NRL didn't do this!!

lturner

Juniors
Interesting to compare some of the second tier grand final attendances. SANFL is clearly the standout.

SANFL: West Adelaide / Woodville-West Torrens @ Adelaide Oval 25,625
WAFL: Subiaco / West Perth @ Subiaco Oval 13,094
VFL: Williamstown / Box Hill @ Etihad Stadium 12,900
QLD Cup: Ipswich / Townsville @ Lang Park 8,086

Anyone see the NSW Cup figure anywhere?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-years-in-making/story-fnii0631-1227546249631

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/national/a/29648379/subiaco-thrash-west-perth-in-wafl-grand-final/

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...t-etihad-stadium/story-e6frf3e3-1227546231281

http://www.nrl.com/ipswich-jets-win-intrust-super-cup/tabid/10874/newsid/90177/default.aspx

Emu01

Juniors
I watched the N.S.W cup game it looked like about 4000-4500 people.A bit disappointing the game was worthy of at least 8 thousand.

paulmac

Juniors
I know there's history,but why wouldn't the QRL play the GF at Ballymore? 8500 would of looked of so much better on TV .plus there is a hill which fits in nicely with the culture of the Q Cup.

Why would the qru let the qrl play there? And why would they want to anyway? The reality is, they wouldn't get 8500 at ballymore.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I know there's history,but why wouldn't the QRL play the GF at Ballymore? 8500 would of looked of so much better on TV .plus there is a hill which fits in nicely with the culture of the Q Cup.

It would've looked pretty bad on tv tbh. Most people would've still been on the camera side, with the added negative of casuals seeing the QRL's biggest game being played out of a third rate facility.

Just on crowd issues alone:
-There's no parking.
-There'd be no free train travel.
-There'd be no free special bus runs from the major shopping centres.
-Old, rundown facilities.

It's the biggest club RL game in Queensland, the players and fans deserve to play it at the home of RL in Queensland.

The Partisan

Unless a new 15/20/25K seater stadium is built in Brisbane .... and that aint likely in the near future - Lang Park or an existing Brisbane club ground ---- is the ISC GF venue for the next 10 / 20 years.

More about our political leaders lack of vision and planning than RL authorities of fans apathy. Having been to several English venues during the RLWC i quite enjoyed the smaller stadia for atmosphere. Even Bristol - a non RL heartland - had a great roll up for two low profile teams ( Cook Is v USA).

Is a shame that we don't have the same availabale facilities as our southern states neighbours......but they don't have a genuine state wide comp either ! Depends on which is more important to you.

It's the comp for me.

Latest posts