What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu wants to stay an Eel

caylo

Bench
Keating is far from an organiser. He and Hodkinson played most of their junior football together with Hodkinson clearly the better organiser. Keating is as someone suggested more of a Terry Lamb style player.

I agree Hodgkinson is a better organiser then Keating but IMO Keating is the better player of the two. Hodgkinson does not have the running game or vision of Keating IMO but atm its a choice between Keating, Mortimer, Robson and Humble and of those keating is the better organiser.

yy_cheng

Coach
I know Burt said that the training emphasis was based on offloads. However, I still think we need to have an organizer to Hit the likes of our backs.

A Sterlo type player who throws cutouts to a flying grothe or tahu, a kick to Burt or a hand off to a Hayne is what I think we are missing.

Further to my other posts, we need a good attacking kicker who can bring repeat sets and maintain pressure.

mickdo

Coach
I'm constantly amazed at how much talking up people are doing of Humble.
I've seen the videos. He's seems like an amazing talent.
But, let's not get too excited people. Has he played first grade yet?

He could end up another Brett Kenny, but he might also be another Steve Witt.
Let's wait till we see him play, eh, before we have him in first grade.

Suity

Absolutely. It does seem to be a bit over the top. I don't reckon he'll get a run this year tbh.

Suitman

Post Whore
Absolutely. It does seem to be a bit over the top. I don't reckon he'll get a run this year tbh.

I'm not saying that, but at the same time, some people have him as the Clive Churchill Medalist.
It's ridiculous.

Suity

jk13

First Grade
though its a bit off topic, i reckon haynes involvement will determine the halves. if he doesn't step up like last year, then more pressure will be placed on the incumbents and if they don't produce, DA may experiment with combinations

stuke

Bench
it's nice to be reading that our players who are off contract are being qouted as saying that they want to stay here, while the only articles mentioning players leaving appear without quotes and seem unsubstantiated. hopefully the management can get the job done in the next few weeks so we don't have many distractions heading into the start of the season.

Stagger eel

Staff member

he'll get a run a some stage, we normally play 25 to 30 players a year on average and it's very rare for atleast 1 player out of the top 25 not to get a run...

I don't think many people would have him ahead of other 3 halves by round 1 but injuries, rep duties, suspensions and form will come into play as the season rolls on and considering that the kid can also play fullback, he may also be an option come origin time when Jarryd isn't available.

The kid also knocked back a fg spot for the cowboys to sign with us so the kid obviously has what it takes, whether he can produce it at a level well above he's been playing remains to be seen but there's definitely a reason to be optomistic about it.

I'm interested to see how he shapes up in the trials.

mickdo

Coach
he'll get a run a some stage, we normally play 25 to 30 players a year on average and it's very rare for atleast 1 player out of the top 25 not to get a run...

Even so, we have 3 halves in front of him, and 4 if you count Mateo. None of the 3 will be playing Rep footy this year IMO, so unless there are a heap of injuries at the same time he is no chance. I reckon Mitchell is more likely to get a start.

Latest posts