What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini help

Paullyboy

Coach
I’m looking at buying my girlfriend an iPad mini for Christmas, and after reading the reviews between the mini 2 and mini 3 have realised that there is bugger all difference between them and that it’s much wiser to just buy the 2.

So, I thought I was all set and then received an email today saying that Big W are selling the original iPad mini (without retina display) for $260, which is $100 less than the mini 2. It got me thinking that maybe I’d be better off getting her that and then spending the other $100 on some additional pressies.

What I’m curious about is what people who have used the mini 1 and mini 2 think of them. I realise the mini 1 isn’t as good (slower processor, no retina display) but is it a significant difference that is noticeable for a casual user? Bearing in mind it’ll be used pretty much solely for web browsing and watching movies or whatever on a bus/plane.

I just don’t know if the original mini is laggy/rubbish and just not worth bothering with. Hence, this post.

Bulldog Force

Referee
As a casual user, I say get it. As long as it's recent as it is, it can handle the latest platform (iOS 8.1) and can handle all the latest apps, that's all you want. Bear in mind that retina still isn't even 100% correctly functioning on the latest devices so you're not really missing out on much. With that extra $100, you can head down to the markets and buy some accessories such as leather case, ear/head phones (for movies etc...) and even an extra charger.

One Eyed Aussie

Juniors
What's the normal price difference between the mini and the mini 2? I got the same email and it has piqued my interest as well.
Let us know how you get on Rocket!:cool:

Edit: I might get one for mum......she'll use it for two weeks and it will be mine full time after that.:lol:

Last edited:

Paullyboy

Coach
What's the normal price difference between the mini and the mini 2? I got the same email and it has piqued my interest as well.
Let us know how you get on Rocket!:cool:

Edit: I might get one for mum......she'll use it for two weeks and it will be mine full time after that.:lol:

It's normally $290 I think, so about $25 cheaperwith the everyday rewards discount. And nice work on the name, haha, I had to create a fake name for the whirlpool forums as my missus occasionally looks on there and I didn't want to give away what I was up to.

Paullyboy

Coach
I decided to just bite the bullet and get the original mini, I played on the original for a bit in the shop and really liked it, I tried the 2 after and it was clearly better, but not $100 better in my mind.

Paullyboy

Coach
She can take it back and pay more for the 2 if she wants, but I'm pretty sure it'll do exactly what she needs

Latest posts