What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPL Auction

Some ridiculous money thrown around yesterday.

All bid prices are their salary for each season for 2 years.

Quite a few Indian players getting over $2mil per season for 2 years.

Dave Hussey was the most expensive Australian going for $1.4mil followed by Cam White for $1.1mil.

All Aussies:

Warne (retained) - $1.8mil Raj Royals
Watson (retained) - $1.3mil Raj Royals
Gilchrist - $900k Kings XI
Symonds - $850k Mumbai
White - $1.1mil Deccan
M.Hussey - 425k Chennai
S.Marsh - $400k Kings XI
D.Hussey - $1.4mil Kings XI
Warner - $750k Delhi
Haddin - $325k Kolkata
Paine - $270k Pune
Hopes - $350k Delhi
Smith - $200k Kochi
Lee - $400k Kolkata
Harris - $325k Kings XI
Bollinger - $700k Chennai
Nannes - $650k Bangalore
Finch - $300k Delhi
Hodge - $425k Kochi
Ferguson - $300k Pune

Still some more players to be auctioned today... of all the teams I'm liking Deccan Chargers at the moment, they just need to pick up an opening batsman or two today.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the Rug gets $700K and no offers for Notch ?

sounds fair to me

Chennai went all out to get their original team back together after winning the IPL last year and the Champions League, the only one they missed on was Murali.

beads6

First Grade
Kings XI look pretty good but I am not sure which Indians they have. IPL is crap.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fancy spending all that on useless Victorians. Waits for CS to come to their rescue.......

aqua_duck

Coach
Dan Christian should have put his name up, he would've got a few offers I reckon. Quite a few players priced themselves out of contention. I'm surprised noone made a bid for Lara even though he would've cost 400k minimum. Lol @ a few of the poms setting their reserves so high, Anderson, Swann and Luke Wright priced themselves in the top bracket, I'm surprised no one took a stab at Swann given his record at T20 level but ANderson and Wright must have been dreaming

aqua_duck

Coach
btw was amazed to see Robin Uthappa go for over 2 mil, the bloke averages 24 at T20 level and 27 at ODI level

yappy

Bench
I'm liking Kochi actually.

Mahela Jayawardene
VVS Laxman
Brendon McCullum
Sreesanth
RP Singh
Parthiv Patel
Ravindra Jadeja
Steven Smith
Muttiah Muralitharan
Ramesh Powar
Brad Hodge

Might need one more big hitter and a quick (or a big hitting quick) but otherwise they look pretty well balanced.

aqua_duck

Coach
if they paid $10 for Laxman its $10 too much, he's simply not suited to T20. I use to watch alot of DSeccan games because of Gilly, Simmo and Ryan Harris and Laxman never seemed capable of transferring his test batting to T20's