What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey peeps!!

My old iPod is doing my f**king head in ... It continually goes on song repeat and I can't fix it, is it a fault in the unit or an easy fix! I'm technically inept so I got no idea how to fix it...

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Honest answer: have you tried a hard reset? Depending on the model you might have to upload everything again, and even then if the fault is with the button, then it's new mp3 player time.

HankScorpio

Juniors
Is it new? Take it to an Apple Store (you need to book an appointment) and see what they think, even if it's out of warranty they'll tell you what's wrong and show you how to fix it if they can.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Is it new? Take it to an Apple Store (you need to book an appointment) and see what they think, even if it's out of warranty they'll tell you what's wrong and show you how to fix it if they can.

If Apple products are so damn unreliable that you need an appointment to get the thing seen to....well that speaks volumes about the quality of Apple gadgets. :lol:

Overpriced, overhyped rubbish.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yeah. I was given one iPod as a gift and it was faulty brand new.

Made an appointment at an apple place and after waiting for 2 hours past the appointed time in a shop full of people with products that were faulty when sold new left me with a firm idea that there was a good reason why I had not bothered with apple yet and wouldn't need to again.

Lambretta

First Grade
I have two ipods

An old ipod mini that was 8gig and a classic that is 120 gig

The mini is dodgy and always has been (the central button needs replacing) the classic is amazing and always has been

I can't draw a conclusion about the company from that. Only that I can't be bothered to rectify a simple fix.

I am a Samsung fan - I love their stuff and have always had their phones. So I am no fan of Apple. However all my family have i-pods touches or iphones and they ALL love them and never have a problem with them

From that, I would deduce their stuff is great

I'm sure the people in the stores with issues are a fraction of a percentage of people that actually OWN Apple devices and most of them are getting upgrades or require simple fixes that anyone with a slight amount of knowledge could sort out.

Yeah. I was given one iPod as a gift and it was faulty brand new.

Made an appointment at an apple place and after waiting for 2 hours past the appointed time in a shop full of people with products that were faulty when sold new left me with a firm idea that there was a good reason why I had not bothered with apple yet and wouldn't need to again.

Went through this experience with my iphone...booked an appointment and walked into an Apple store for the first time and the place actually creeped me out with nerdy hipsters trying to be cool...

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I have two ipods

An old ipod mini that was 8gig and a classic that is 120 gig

The mini is dodgy and always has been (the central button needs replacing) the classic is amazing and always has been

I can't draw a conclusion about the company from that. Only that I can't be bothered to rectify a simple fix.

I am a Samsung fan - I love their stuff and have always had their phones. So I am no fan of Apple. However all my family have i-pods touches or iphones and they ALL love them and never have a problem with them

From that, I would deduce their stuff is great

I'm sure the people in the stores with issues are a fraction of a percentage of people that actually OWN Apple devices and most of them are getting upgrades or require simple fixes that anyone with a slight amount of knowledge could sort out.

Oh yeah, they make millions of each product. What left me so unimpressed was the reaction of the company to faulty electronics. They just didn't care about their customers at all.

Latest posts