What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipswich Jets .... No longer BRL comp team .... Players picked from IRL teams ?

The Partisan

Quick one.

Guessing the fact that the Jets BRL team is not playing this year means that those players not in the ISC squad play for a local team these days ?

burgess1978

Juniors
Would they have made an arrangement with West Brisbane Panthers ?
It's possible but again I don't recognize any Jets players in the Wests team. Maybe they are just keeping everyone in cotton wool for the first few weeks and then getting them in to some local/feeder games later on.

It looks to me like Wests has a few Redcliffe players from last season in their line-up too. Not sure if that is as a feeder or if Redcliffe has released those guys. Zach Strasser is the most notable one.

Edit - just checked - the other Redcliffe guys were all released and signed with Wests. Not sure about Strasser.

Maybe hit up John Devine on twitter @JohnJackdevine or callingallsportsbrisbane.com. He might know where the Jets players are going.

Last edited:

burgess1978

Juniors
OK - so I asked John Devine and he reckons the Jets are definitely using the local Ipswich RL.

I did some more digging for you.Here are the guys listed as Jets players who haven't played an ISC game yet this year. Only one of these guys has turned out in the IRL so far in the first 3 rounds but I have managed to find a few Jets players listed under TRL teams, including Denzel King (Gatton).

Ono So'oialo (Goodna IRL)
Chris Ash
Mitch Koina (Wattles TRL)
Isimeeli Hafoka
Shar Walden
Jesse Roberts
Cameron Moran
Huskie Teutau
Hugh Sedger (Valleys TRL)
Billy McConnachie (ACL injury)
Tuu Maori
Silas Redd

It looks like they are sending some guys to either comp and keeping other guys out for now.

Last edited:

The Partisan

Well done ! Have hard a few guys from different BRL clubs are having a run in the Toowoomba comp this year.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Jets will have a reggies side next year. The relationship between the RLI and the Jets isn't flash...mind you, neither is the relationship between the Ipswich Leagues Club and the Football club...a couple of people in the joint are stinkers, get them out and see the Jets and the local Ipswich comp fly

Latest posts