What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is 2007 the year of the eel?

hairy asad

Juniors
Many times in the past (mainly 2001 and 2005) as you'd all be well aware Parramatta has been in the mix and everyone begins talking up their chances. After this point the wheels start to fall off their campaign. That time of the year is fast approaching again and I am wondering if this year will follow the same pattern as previous years?

Now that Brian Smith has left, a fresh (possibly suspect) halves combo and great youngsters coming through (mateo, inu, green etc.) and not to mention one of the most potent backlines in the comp, can this be the year they turn it around? Essentially do you believe enough has changed at the club to break Parramatta's finals curse?

Bazal

Post Whore
This comp is Melbournes to lose...we've got the same chance as any other side in the top 8 IMO

parra_jesus

Juniors
i have been happy with how the eels have been performing this year , and still think we can notch it up a gear or two before the semi finals. but we havent proven ourselves against the heavyweights of the comp like the bulldogs , melbourne , manly.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmm....

*puts 300 dollars on Riddell getting the Churchill Medal* :sarcasm:

parra_jesus

Juniors
im not a fan of pilsner's either... but back to the topic , i think not having brian smith coaching us in a semi final atmosphere will be the difference between this year and the other years when he have failed to deliver.

Latest posts