What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is 7 in a row really the ultimate record

fightingirish69

Juniors
for interstate clashes between queensland and new south wales?, if you count the pre-origin format series?. were more series won by a new south wales team pre-1980? you can say it's not origin?, but with new south welsman playing for the maroons, and kiwi's and such playing for the blues is it any different to pre-origin?

fightingirish69

Juniors
i've been trying to find a list of pre-1980 matches online... i'd like to see how many series queensland won pre-origin too

fightingirish69

Juniors
i think the blues had 8 consecutive series wins in the 70's, the qld team of the early 20's were quite good too. held out for three straight series.

IanG

Coach
Wonder if they get to 11 in a row they'll compare it to St George of the 50s and 60s

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Wonder if they get to 11 in a row they'll compare it to St George of the 50s and 60s

They probaly will.... theres no doubt they are a team full of champions and a champion team..but for mine the Dragons effort was over 11 seasons...not based on 3 games a year...still if it should happen then there will be those that will lay claim to it being a record...it wont be mine.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
They probaly will.... theres no doubt they are a team full of champions and a champion team..but for mine the Dragons effort was over 11 seasons...not based on 3 games a year...still if it should happen then there will be those that will lay claim to it being a record...it wont be mine.

93a29064_Slow_Clap_Your_Pokemon_is_in_danger-s400x300-291489-535.gif

Knightmare

Coach
In the Interstate series, NSW won 19 in a row from 1961-1980.

No wonder the Qlders hated us so much when Origin came around :p

Loudstrat

Coach
And I'm wondering what was the biggest amount of QLD'ers who played in a match for NSW pre 1980?

Knightmare

Coach
Before Qld try to paint NSW as the devil incarnate for "stealing" their players all that time, you have to admit that players like Lewis, Beetson, Vautin, Meninga and Close deserved more than just free beers after the match for playing Rugby League at their level.

If they want to blame anybody, they should look to Sir Joh and his inability to get with the times. I have no doubt that a combined national comp that had Wynnum, Redcliffe, Easts, Brothers etc. mixing it with the established Sydney clubs would have been far better than the Broncos monopoly that eventuated...

Fieldsguy

Juniors
Oh dear, yet another thread from a pathetic bunch of NSW sooks who are delving back into a pre-origin era to try and muster up some sort of face saving record.

You really are pathetic sore losers.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Before Qld try to paint NSW as the devil incarnate for "stealing" their players all that time, you have to admit that players like Lewis, Beetson, Vautin, Meninga and Close deserved more than just free beers after the match for playing Rugby League at their level.

If they want to blame anybody, they should look to Sir Joh and his inability to get with the times. I have no doubt that a combined national comp that had Wynnum, Redcliffe, Easts, Brothers etc. mixing it with the established Sydney clubs would have been far better than the Broncos monopoly that eventuated...

Flo has one ..Joh was one. Mehh !!

NSW were beating QLD with QLD players......that's the only thing that has to be remembered here.

When the NSWRL saw what happened after the inaugural SOO match, they quickly realised that allowing more than one QLD team "in" so to speak, could be damaging to their self congratulating and insular disposition. They took steps to ensure that no more than one QLD team could play amongst their ranks.

The day that John Quayle and his arrogant cronies were disbanded was a great day for Australian Rugby League and for Queensland.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
In the modern day era? Yes it is certainly the ultimate record. I am sure that we will never see a winning streak go this long again from either side.

Haffa

When the NSWRL saw what happened after the inaugural SOO match, they quickly realised that allowing more than one QLD team "in" so to speak, could be damaging to their self congratulating and insular disposition. They took steps to ensure that no more than one QLD team could play amongst their ranks.

The day that John Quayle and his arrogant cronies were disbanded was a great day for Australian Rugby League and for Queensland.

You mean the same cronies who introduced 3 QLD teams?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Flo has one ..Joh was one. Mehh !!

NSW were beating QLD with QLD players......that's the only thing that has to be remembered here.

Sam Thaiday... Born in NSW
Greg Inglis... Born in NSW
Matt Rogers.. Born in NSW
Billy Moore... Born in NSW
Matt Gillett... Born in NSW
Michael Crocker.... Born in NSW

Imo ....thats what the Broncos wanted .......dont you remember The Crushers
you make a lot of noise on here xxxx but thank goodness a lot falls on deaf ears.....

Last edited:
Brisbane Bombers should just keep it real and call themselves South Qld Crushers. Bring back the mustard n navy.