What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is bid fun a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
No its a scam. Read this persons review of it, it explains everything you need to know.

Everything bad that you have read above about this website is true, in my honest opinion. I found it this morning at around 4:30 a.m., and spent $50 first, just to bid, thinking I had a good chance of winning something at that hour of the morning. Then, when I consistently lost the bids, spent another $100 (I know, I'm an idiot). Anyway, I noticed that the same bidders kept bidding up each item, even the items few would want to buy at the prices they indicated they would cost, such as the Kingston Capless DataTraveler USB Key-16 GB which they said costs $46.00. Anyway, someone kept bidding up this little gizmo, the same someone I had lost an earlier bid to, and it just didn't make any sense that anyone would pay $2.00 (translated, $200) for that! So, I started keeping track of all of the automatic bidders and their frequency, and it is most definitely a fraud in my opinion. There rare at least 10 automatic bidders who seem to come in at a certain price point to drive up the price. Once they hit their margin, another bidder comes in and drives up the price, and so on. I will tell you that I became grimly determined not to walk away with nothing, and after six hours of constant bidding, jerking awake at the computer, and hanging in there, I finally won a Sony PSP Go! Console for $46.06 (free shipping, and why not, it cost all of us bidders $4,606 for me to win this console!--don't forget every bid costs a dollar, but is worth only one cent so bidding a dollar is worth $100 dollars). I actually spent about $90 to win this thing. What a setup. The other surprise is, once you win the bid, you have to pay for the item separately from the money you have already spent to bid. Therefore, once I won this durn thing, I left money on the auction table, and that makes me mad, too. Don't do it, your money and your time will be wasted, and you will leave the site with a sour taste in your mouth and an empty pocket.

For those of you who say it isn't a scam, just a cleverly set up auction website, it is a scam when they use their own robots to drive up the prices. Had you spent the same amount of time I did, writing down all of the bidders- willie2buy,dmeleard, stephdegu,hrv59,mimioct,jejln,laugae2,emmastubbs70,risqueur,nyataige, all of these bidders bid on every item over and over again, for hours, on automatic. That costs thousands of dollars. Would you, in your right mind, bid thousands of dollars on a gizmo that only costs $200? You could go to the store and buy it if you had that kind of money, couldn't you? So, it's not just that you lose the bid, it is that you are set up to lose. And that is not right, nor is it fair.

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.bidfun.com

Basically you are paying for each bid, every bid and the website has robots to counter your bid. No you don't get your money back if you don't win. It is possible to win, but you are far FAR more likely to lose. Your better off just paying the $400 at JBHIFI and getting the XBox there.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
havent heard of this thing before, but what i've learnt in life is that if something is too good to be true than it probably is.

a 360 for $50 when the retail is significantly higher = too good to be true

Thomas

First Grade
if something is too good to be true than it probably is.

They should really print out this statement when they sell people computers.

My mother is horrible when it comes to the internet. I flinch everytime she tells me that she's found something on the 'internecks'.

pomport

Juniors
Hi,
I just went on Bid Fun thinking to buy a DSi XL.

Hah!!

Foolishly I brought a $100 (100 credits) worth of bids, set up the automatic bidding (reason being is it seems to take a long time before the bidding finishes) I set it for a $100 max, checked it ten minutes later and I had only 45 credits left and the bid price =had only gone up to $3.50.
I agree with the other posters that it seems to be leaning towards a rip off site.
As far as I can see I've just lost $100 even if I win anything it is going to cost nearly the same amount as from a shop.

As the adage says "if it seems to be to good to be true" then it is'ent.

Ta, John

cheyen33

Juniors
Well for sure you have to be careful but it's not a scam, I mean, you can really get those objects, but the chances are really thin... As you just say, think twice before spending 100$... ;p

Eion

First Grade
Well for sure you have to be careful but it's not a scam, I mean, you can really get those objects, but the chances are really thin... As you just say, think twice before spending 100$... ;p
Interesting first post on a league forum cheyen. Have you used bidfun before? (as a consumer that is...)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Looks like a spammer - with enough in column A to entice people to give this scam the benefit of the doubt, but also just enough in column B to sound like he's on our side.

This thread is near the top of the google listings, so it's no surprise. For rip off merchants, even bad publicity is better than no publicity. No doubt they see the members of this forum as fresh meat.

Best advice is to give the scammers a wide berth. Don't give them your money, and don't promote them. If you want to buy something and are short of a quid, save up for it or put it on layby.

The question appears to be answered, so we're locking this thread.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts