What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is 'Die Hard' a Christmas movie?

Is 'Die Hard' a Christmas movie?

• Total voters

Parra

Referee
First Blood

Even Goodfellas has some Christmas scenes, so does The Godfather

___

Juniors
Christmas movies are generally family and comedy type movies. Generally.

Violence certainly is not. It's an action movie that barely has any Christmas mention in it at all. In fact if I recall correctly, the incident takes place at the office Christmas party. Some companies have their Christmas party as early as November.

T.S Quint

Coach

Violence certainly is not. It's an action movie that barely has any Christmas mention in it at all. In fact if I recall correctly, the incident takes place at the office Christmas party. Some companies have their Christmas party as early as November.

Still a Christmas party though.

Chin Music

Juniors

Hallelujah, thank you. About time someone else recognised this.
God bless you.

Reactions: ___

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Violence certainly is not.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Arguably a top 5 Christmas movie for most people. Shown annually on Christmas night on FTA.

Also a violent movie, containing:

- aggressive road rage causing a vehicle accident
- aggravated burglary of a Christmas tree from private property
- somone carelessly launching a sharp frozen projectile towards neighbouring property, causing damage to a window and electrical goods. If anyone was standing in the way this could have been fatal.
- environmental terrorism by consciously contaminating waterways with untreated sewerage
- attacking neighbours with wild animals which leads to visible domestic violence
- demonstrated cruelty to animals via unsafe wiring
- unsafe use of a chainsaw inside to vandalise a house
- a violent kidnaping of a person on Christmas Eve, causing distress and concern for he victims family
- SWAT team raid on a domestic premesis
- major underground explosion in a residential area, scattering flaming debris over a wide area

Add to this the multiple examples of mental infidelity and unsafe electrical practices that could lead to death, and I ask you....

Are these the types of things you would deem appropriate in Christmas movies?

I say, hell yes.

___

Juniors
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Arguably a top 5 Christmas movie for most people. Shown annually on Christmas night on FTA.

Also a violent movie, containing:

- aggressive road rage causing a vehicle accident
- aggravated burglary of a Christmas tree from private property
- somone carelessly launching a sharp frozen projectile towards neighbouring property, causing damage to a window and electrical goods. If anyone was standing in the way this could have been fatal.
- environmental terrorism by consciously contaminating waterways with untreated sewerage
- attacking neighbours with wild animals which leads to visible domestic violence
- demonstrated cruelty to animals via unsafe wiring
- unsafe use of a chainsaw inside to vandalise a house
- a violent kidnaping of a person on Christmas Eve, causing distress and concern for he victims family
- SWAT team raid on a domestic premesis
- major underground explosion in a residential area, scattering flaming debris over a wide area

Add to this the multiple examples of mental infidelity and unsafe electrical practices that could lead to death, and I ask you....

Are these the types of things you would deem appropriate in Christmas movies?

I say, hell yes.
Is it a comedy?

firechild

First Grade
I’m a bit of a purist religiously. So no sorry it’s not a Christmas movie. Jesus had nothing to do with Die Hard.
Jesus has nothing to do with Christmas either. Christmas is a pagan ritual that has culminated with a fat bloke sneaking into people's houses to drink beer/brandy/whiskey and eat cookies.

So, the answer is yes.

___

Juniors
Jesus has nothing to do with Christmas either. Christmas is a pagan ritual that has culminated with a fat bloke sneaking into people's houses to drink beer/brandy/whiskey and eat cookies.

So, the answer is yes.
CHRISTmas is about the birth of Jesus CHRIST. Everything else (presents, trees etc...) is just commercial.