What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it time for Ray Warren to retire? If so, who should replace him?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ray Warren is 104 years old so its no surprise he can't remember players name's and stuff,Ray is going quite well for a 104 year old

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thanks for the memories Rabs. I knew this decision would come soon after not calling NRL games lately. I see him around Castle Hill every now and then.

So many great moments of him as a caller. Definitely the best RL caller Ive ever heard. I dont think any of them today live have what Rabs had.

Yep, he's pulled the plug. I agree the past few years had seen some slippage, but I used to love his commentary. Her will be missed. I almost thought he'd do one more Origin match so he could claim he'd called 100 Origin matches. He finishes now with 99 instead. Also has called 45 Grand Finals too. Pretty good for a 55 year career.

Wb1234

Referee
He was good when he was passionate about rugby league … which was probably ten years ago.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Was good in the past.
Stopped giving a shit many years ago.
Should have walked away then.
But people will do things they shouldn't for a truck load of money

gordsy

Juniors
For me Graeme Hughes was the best commentator I ever listened too. Rabs was good back in the day but it's hard to know how good he really was given his competition was the likes of Joey, Fatty, Big Mar, Dave Morrow, Andrew Voss and too many other, mongs, merkins and geniuss to name here.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Hopefully this is the last we ever hear of the bloke. Easily the most overrated media personality in the game.

Had a decent period that lasted for about five years in the nineties but even then was woefully biased.

After that he just became incompetent.

Won't be missed.

flippikat

Bench
His career was somewhat soured by that phase when he shared the booth with Phil Gould. After a while they just annoyed each other, and most of the audience too..

I liked the way in later years, he would say less and let the vision tell the story.

Off the microphone, a very good man, years of charity work and the giving of his time to help others

Latest posts