What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it time for Ray Warren to retire? If so, who should replace him?

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Was pretty good back in 90's and maybe early 2000's. Unfortunately was horrible when him & Gould were in the box together. Then he completely lost me when he started referring to good catches by wingers etc as "marks". I'll also never forget the time he referred to winning the comp as "winning the flag". Honestly what the f**k is that shit.

This Year?

Immortal
Was pretty good back in 90's and maybe early 2000's. Unfortunately was horrible when him & Gould were in the box together. Then he completely lost me when he started referring to good catches by wingers etc as "marks". I'll also never forget the time he referred to winning the comp as "winning the flag". Honestly what the f**k is that shit.
Channel 9 and their AFLisms make me sick.

mongoose

Coach
Rabs was the GOAT in his prime but geez I hope Nine find someone better than Matt Thompson, his voice is grating.

I hope not.

Well as rabs got older he spoke less and less and we could enjoy the fake crowd noises more often.

I always seem to hear a camel noise about 3 minutes from half time. Mooing in the distance, like he’s coming across an oasis in the nrl desert.

Speaking of camels, it’s a shame Rooney didn’t get into the media after his career. Seemed like a good bloke.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It was Ray Warren alone that brought AFL shit like 'mark' into Rugby League commentary.

For that alone he should be stricken from any kind of exalted status.

It was a symptom of his lazy, incompetent approach to commentary.

Then you had 'for our southern viewers' crap. His inanities went on and on and on.

f**k the guy was hopeless.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Hopefully this is the last we ever hear of the bloke. Easily the most overrated media personality in the game.

Had a decent period that lasted for about five years in the nineties but even then was woefully biased.

After that he just became incompetent.

Won't be missed.
You'd be referring to Paul Vautin and Wally The Wanker Lewis.

Both easily the most biased ever to hold a microphone.

Although I wanted Canberra to win the 1994 Grand Final I've never forgotten Vautin almost creaming himself live on air when Mal Meninga took that intercept to score his last try.

Queenslanders going on about bias is f**king hilarious.

Only Victorian fumbleball commentators are in the same level of bias as Queensland rugby league commentators.