What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Milford Barba 2.0?

legend

Coach
I know it's only early but Milford looked completely lost and looks far too small to play five eighth in today's game. Will Bennett persevere or switch him to fullback?

He was completely ineffective against the Bunnies and it reminded me of Barba's time in in Brisbane and his debut for the Sharks last night.

oikee

Juniors
The Broncos and Titans need some grunt in the forwards.
Thaiday and Myles are not big enough to punch holes into packs of rabid dogs and roosters that are growing bigger by the day.
They need to now be looking to bring in some six to seven foot America Football giants.

Barba and Milford arte mere passengers behind packs going backwards.

Last edited:

jk13

First Grade
Who will they out at 6? Hodges? They're f*cked either way, lols all year

betcats

Referee
I think he struggle at 6 aswell but Bennett isnt going to move him after one game in which the entire team got pumped.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Butthurt raiders mouthbreather :D

Still livin the dream from yesterdays wooden spoon rehearsal?

You enjoy that.

betcats

Referee
Its Karma, recently every player the Broncos hasve 'brought home' for personal or family reasonss has turned to shit Barba, Hannant and now Milford looks set tp continue the trend.

Paullyboy

Coach
I want him to do well, I enjoy watching him play. He's so much more entertaining than the stock standard players coming through who are all athletes rather than footballers.

Having said that, it was pretty clear to Raiders fans that he was always going to struggle a fair bit in the front line. He's an amazing highlight reel player but not a great overall player.

legend

Coach
Gould (I think) was talking to Lockyer about his switch from fullback to five eighth and that it took Lockyer six seasons at the back before he transitioned into a front line, playmaking role. Gould also commented on Milford's lack of size to contend with monster packs like Souths and the Bulldogs and that he's physically not ready for such a demanding role.

Milford also gave me a donut in my fantasy league team. Wighton by comparison looked pretty good at the back for the Raiders...

Butthurt. LMAO!

Maybe the master coach has lost the midas touch after a disastrous stint in Newcastle and a 30 point drubbing may point to more of the same???

rabbitohs95

Bench
Both need to play fullback, that is their natural position. The team and players won't fulfil their potential at five-eighth, just like Souths using John Sutton there, only did they truly push for the title when he went back to his natural position at second row.

Would like to see the Broncos throw in Nikorima in the halves with Hunt and the Sharks push Barba back. They're kidding themselves if they think they can use Barba and Milford in the halves.

legend

Coach
Oh and the highlight was Reynolds casual penalty kick from his own side of half way. Made my night! :D

betcats

Referee
I want him to do well, I enjoy watching him play. He's so much more entertaining than the stock standard players coming through who are all athletes rather than footballers.

Having said that, it was pretty clear to Raiders fans that he was always going to struggle a fair bit in the front line. He's an amazing highlight reel player but not a great overall player.

Milford is mostly just an athlete aswell, he's all speed and footwork. A footy player is foran or DCE, players with multiple skills outside of their athletic abilities.

AMD

Juniors
I think a big part of it at the moment is his confidence. For the most part on Thursday, every time he got the ball he just looked like he was trying to get rid of it as fast as he could. I love watching him play so hopefully it picks up, but if it doesn't sooner rather than later, I'd be looking at other options.

Latest posts