What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is NRL gossip person Rebecca Wilson a repeat drink driver herself?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yes she most certainly is. An excerpt from here http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/27/1072308726945.html?from=storyrhs

As part of the attack on the Roosters and Nick Politis, gossip columnist Rebecca Wilson described Politis as a gibberer. Let's just examine this statement. Here is a woman who has bounced around from job to job over the years. She currently makes her living as a talking head and muckraker with a News Ltd paper. She was recently exposed as a repeat offender on driving charges, including drink driving and driving without a licence. Yet in her typical attention-seeking manner she has accused Politis, a self-made multi-millionaire and one of the most respected business people in Australia, of being a gibberer and questions his credibility.

she is no different to Naiqama

JW

Coach
Interesting that one of her offences was infact driving without a licence, in addition to drink driving.

Glass houses, etc, Beccy.

Brutus

Referee
As part of the attack on the Roosters and Nick Politis, gossip columnist Rebecca Wilson described Politis as a gibberer. Let's just examine this statement. Here is a woman who has bounced around from job to job over the years. She currently makes her living as a talking head and muckraker with a News Ltd paper. She was recently exposed as a repeat offender on driving charges, including drink driving and driving without a licence. Yet in her typical attention-seeking manner she has accused Politis, a self-made multi-millionaire and one of the most respected business people in Australia, of being a gibberer and questions his credibility.

Rebecca, you stick to bagging me if you want to get your cheap kicks. Nick Politis is way out of your league.

So from that link posted by JW we have in big bold letters.

Maybe Rebecca Wilson should give Wes some pointers.

ozbash

Referee
where does it say repeat drink driving ?

i read it as shes had a few driving charges including drink driving.

hope she aint watching.

Brutus

Referee
There is no evidence yet of repeat drink driving. You are right there ozbash.

She is a confirmed drink driver and driver without a license, but not a repeat drink driver.

So the answer to my original question would be no, however...

El Diablo

Post Whore
im pretty sure i read she was done twice. could've been mistaken as i cant find the article now.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ozbash said:
where does it say repeat drink driving ?

i read it as shes had a few driving charges including drink driving.

hope she aint watching.
Well I suspect she is. And I'd love to hear from you Rebecca. ;-)

She once reserved some of her media angst for internet forums. I recall that was after Choppies sent her an email with a made-up story, which she published without checking her facts. Unfortunately for Rebecca, she was the one caught out.

You're right in pointing it out but the question was asked and answered. According to Gus's column, Rebecca is a repeat offender behind the wheel. Best to keep it in that context.

Brutus

Referee
Remember Rebecca's lame excuse when she was caught out by Choppies?

She blamed it on an angry Bulldogs supporter when the fact was she published a completely fabricated story given to her by an anonymous emailer. The emailer turned out to be a Roosters fan anyway.:lol:

The lowest of low journalism that anyone of us could do. How easy would it be to get paid for writing crap people send you 3rd hand - much of it untrue.

nqboy

First Grade
Willow said:
She once reserved some of her media angst for internet forums. I recall that was after Choppies sent her an email with a made-up story, which she published without checking her facts. Unfortunately for Rebecca, she was the one caught out.
I vaguely remember that incident but can't recall the details. What a great story, gotta link?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Didn't she recently run a story about a test cricketer refusing to help to tidy up after a recent club game? Made out he was too big headed for such menial tasks. Michael Clarke was the player referred to. She later apologized.

Copa

Bench
Brutus said:

Rebecca, you stick to bagging me if you want to get your cheap kicks. Nick Politis is way out of your league.

So from that link posted by JW we have in big bold letters.

Maybe Rebecca Wilson should give Wes some pointers.
Disgusting.

spider

Coach
Flem has more appeal and credability than Wilson.

She is a grub of the journo industry.

:nwave: Hi Beccy.

Latest posts