What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is our Salary Cap safe?

Martinplace

Juniors
What is the official salary cap?
Who is being paid what?
I have lost track of who is in & who is out, is the below list reasonably correct? I have missed a few. But I would think a basic salary for the top 25 would be something around 80K wouldn't it?

Ayshford, 80k?
Dwyer, 80k?
Ellis, 400k?
Farah, 500k?
Galloway, 250k?
Gibbs, 150k?
Heighington, 200k?
Lawrence, 400k?
Lui, 80k?
Marshall, - 500k?
Moltzen, 250k?
Payten, 200k?
Ryan, 150k?
Schirnack, 80k?
Tuiaki, 150k?
Brown, ?80k?
Daniella, 100k?
Taumata, Is he in? 100k?
Fitzhenry - 80k?
Fulton - 80k?
Tupou - ?
Cayless - 100k?
Taquiri - $400k / yr

These numbers add up to 4.4m?

These values are guesses, as I have no idea of what the palyers are getting? Lote seems to be confirmed at 400K per year?

You can't say this doesn't happen, as it comes up every year, remember the dogs?

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Dont bother trying to guess mate. It'll do your head in. There's backloadings, 3rd partt sponsorships etc. Its impossible to work out accurately unless you had access to the books.

Lawrence wouldn't be on anything close to 400k. that's what you pay an origin/international player. Lawrence hasn't played either. He'd be on something closer to 250k.

drago brelli

Bench
Who is being paid what?
I have lost track of who is in & who is out, is the below list reasonably correct? I have missed a few. But I would think a basic salary for the top 25 would be something around 80K wouldn't it?

Ayshford, 80k?
Dwyer, 80k?
Ellis, 400k?
Farah, 500k?
Galloway, 250k?
Gibbs, 150k?
Heighington, 200k?
Lawrence, 400k?
Lui, 80k?
Marshall, - 500k?
Moltzen, 250k?
Payten, 200k?
Ryan, 150k?
Schirnack, 80k?
Tuiaki, 150k?
Brown, ?80k?
Daniella, 100k?
Taumata, Is he in? 100k?
Fitzhenry - 80k?
Fulton - 80k?
Tupou - ?
Cayless - 100k?
Taquiri - $400k / yr

These values are guesses, as I have no idea of what the palyers are getting? Lote seems to be confirmed at 400K per year?

You can't say this doesn't happen, as it comes up every year, remember the dogs?
The young players would be on the minimum wage, eg: Lui, Taumata, Sckirnack, Daniella $100, i don't think so. If it is true that the WTigers are playing Lote 400G they may regret it. He's 30. The only winger that's worth 400G is Folau, and he will end up in the centres. You pay a really good 7 400G. For example, Prince or Cooper Cronk (sounds like a broken down mini).

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Lawrence wouldn't be on anything close to 400k. that's what you pay an origin/international player. Lawrence hasn't played either. He'd be on something closer to 250k.

Lawrence signed his current contract in his second year in grade didn't he? He'll be getting no where near the dollars he's worth and will sign for in his next contract.

Who is being paid what?

Ayshford, 80k?
Dwyer, 80k?
Ellis, 400k?
Farah, 500k?
Galloway, 250k?
Gibbs, 150k?
Heighington, 200k?
Lawrence, 400k?
Lui, 80k?
Marshall, - 500k?
Moltzen, 250k?
Payten, 200k?
Ryan, 150k?
Schirnack, 80k?
Tuiaki, 150k?
Brown, ?80k?
Daniella, 100k?
Taumata, Is he in? 100k?
Fitzhenry - 80k?
Fulton - 80k?
Tupou - ?
Cayless - 100k?
Taquiri - $400k / yr

obviously the NRL aren't including the 50% stimulus payment wests-tigers received from the federal government(tax payers) to boost morale and the economy in low income areas of the country which is most of the macarthur area- you only got 50% of this payment as balmains area isn't low income

Last edited:
Lawrence signed his current contract in his second year in grade didn't he? He'll be getting no where near the dollars he's worth and will sign for in his next contract.

In 2007 he signed on for a couple of years, then the next year he signed another contract to secure him long term (even though he was under contract for another year or so already). I'd say we offered him something solid, but 400k is completely out of the question. I'd say he'd be on around 200-250k.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
In 2007 he signed on for a couple of years, then the next year he signed another contract to secure him long term (even though he was under contract for another year or so already). I'd say we offered him something solid, but 400k is completely out of the question. I'd say he'd be on around 200-250k.

I'd be very surprised if he's on anything near $250K. Considering the timing of his signings $200K would be the absolute max I expect him to be earning at the moment.

Just like Galloway, Lawrence's contracts have been handled very well.

Latest posts