What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Penrith a Sydney club

MugaB

Coach
Surely they would use bankwest now?
Youd think, but i suppose it depends on The NRL in the future year for finals if the crowds are getting more for the capacity of that stadium, if we ever did progress further than the 2nd week, bankwest might not be feasable but id rather a packed bankwest than an empty homebush

nick87

Coach
For geographical purposes? Yes. Its part of Sydney, specifically western Sydney
But i wouldnt consider it a sydney club for the NRL. It's functionally a regional club

MugaB

Coach
This thread proves that LU will literally fight about anything.

Bless all of you crazy bastards.
Well if the current 16 clubs we ever split into 2 conferences, (it wont, but if it did) as sydney vs regional, Penrith would most likely fall under the Regional 8 teams

Valheru

Coach
Well if the current 16 clubs we ever split into 2 conferences, (it wont, but if it did) as sydney vs regional, Penrith would most likely fall under the Regional 8 teams

I don't think they would

Brisbane
Cowboys
Titans
Warriors
Raiders
Melbourne
Knights

Then it is a choice between saints and Penrith.

They would probably see Wollongong as more regional compared to Penrith.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Maybe technically not but they are still one of nine clubs in the Greater Sydney area that are competing for the same corporate dollar.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't think they would

Brisbane
Cowboys
Titans
Warriors
Raiders
Melbourne
Knights

Then it is a choice between saints and Penrith.

They would probably see Wollongong as more regional compared to Penrith.
The fair way would be to rotate it every year.

GongPanther

Referee
It's a Sydney club when it suits the NRL but not when it doesn't.
We've grown much bigger since those days. Hell, remember when Rex Mossop used to complain about making the trek all the way to Penrith...in his chopper.lol!

The train these days takes 45 mins to Penrith. With your mobile phone, that time goes quick. And these days, there are plenty of fans who stay in Penrith for a few days when they are playing us.

GongPanther

Referee
Im going to say something controversial...

It doesn't really matter!!!!

It is good that they are engaging fans in regional Australia. But, in terms of crowds, i think they would be much better off going south to Campbeltown and east to Blacktown. Relatively high density areas and a fairly short trip to Penrith.

If they could cover these areas to be “Panthers territory” that will convert i to attendance.
I brought forward an idea 10 years ago that Panthers should have built a stadium, with another affixed club site, at either St Marys or Rooty Hill to make access the local population much more easier.

MugaB

Coach
When Sydney needs an enema, Penrith is the most appropriate place to insert the tube.
Fk off moron, without penrith, sydney would be fkd! most of the junior talent has come thru that club, while most other sydney clubs are poaching rather than bring their juniors thru their own pathways.
Its just like all the idiots who think moving titans to brisbane would be a good idea, but all the junior catchments either side of the border won't get a pathway without them in gold coast., certian clubs are strategically important nowadays, the unimportant clubs are the ones who dont contribute into any pathways

In regards to regional vs sydney, id pick regional, because kogarah and wollongong both get used, if it was only wollongong then id say saints would fall under regional

Latest posts