What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Munky

Coach
surprised how low Cleary is, he must have been under 50% before the start of 2020...

The Warriors were a basket case before he started, rebuilt Penrith and then had an ordinary season that saw him fired, went to Tigpies and performed like a Tigpies coach. Came back to Penrith had a pretty poor 2019 and then the past two decent seasons.

Hard to know how good a coach he is.

Of the four above him only Hasler had to rebuild a shambolic club in their first gig (turned his next club to shambles though at the end).

Robinson and Bellamy came in off bad seasons the previous year but had pretty solid rosters.

Stuart is actually pretty lucky in that he started off with a loaded premiership level squad with a gun like Freddy. I just looked up his coaching stats and the decade from 2005 through 2015 is insane.

For three straight seasons of his NRL coaching career he went 15th (Sharks), last (Parra) and 15th (Raiders).

mave

Coach
The most obvious sign of a coach's greatness is how many LU threads he gets.

Stick is a clear #1.

I'm tipping Barrett will challenge soon though.

_Johnsy

Referee
The most obvious sign of a coach's greatness is how many LU threads he gets.

Stick is a clear #1.

I'm tipping Barrett will challenge soon though.
Kev "The man to restore pride & save brisbane" Walters wanted to say hi.

nick87

Coach
Stick has played a masterful game thus far
Successfully lured the entire competition into a false sense of security

And when he’s ready to go, be that next week, the week after, next year, next decade… hooo boy.. it’ll be major

And when it does happen, as the kids like to say, make sure the apology is as loud as the disrespect 😤😤

nick87

Coach
(Raiders get thumped by Panthers)
Me: It's just a little unlucky. It's still good, it's still good!
(Raiders get thumped by Melbourne)
Me:It's just a little injured. It's still good, it's still good!
(Raiders get thumped by the f**king Titans)
It's just a little form slump. It's still good, it's still good!

LU collective: It's gone

Me: I know. 😞