What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Bazal

Post Whore
Apparently sticky's son played footy with salmon in the shire.... when they were 9 years old.

If this all stems from that and Ricky is salty about actions of a 9 year old child to the point he publicly abuses him near on 15 years later..... just wow.

I find most small children of primary school age are weak gutted dog people...Salmon probs dobbed Ricky Junior in to coach for swiping someone's orange slices at half time. Weak gutted.

no name

Coach
Say what you like about Stuart’s comments, I reckon Salmon knew what he was doing to starling.
Starling was holding onto his legs after the tackle was complete. Of course Salmon is going to try and get free.
Also it looks like the Raiders 19 is blocking Salmon’s view of Starling.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m still trying to find a definition, does he mean he gets the runs a lot but is a loyal and faithful companion?
Is he really being insulting if that’s the case?

Munky

Coach
I’m still trying to find a definition, does he mean he gets the runs a lot but is a loyal and faithful companion?
Is he really being insulting if that’s the case?

Well Ricky just showed himself to be a massive cat.

I've been conditioned to believe cats and dogs are natural enemies.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He was extended 2 weeks ago
Go and reflect on that over your breakfast, you weak gutted dog person!
I think it'd be more pertinent for you, as a Raiders fan to reflect on it 😂

I don't think the man had a full bag of marbles to begin with, but there's a reasonably large hole at the bottom of the sack and it seems to be emptying at a rate of knots.
Apparently sticky's son played footy with salmon in the shire.... when they were 9 years old.

If this all stems from that and Ricky is salty about actions of a 9 year old child to the point he publicly abuses him near on 15 years later..... just wow.
Case in point...this basically means Ricky is calling a 9 year old a weak gutted dog. Let's not let that one slip too far past us. He said Salmon was a weak gutted dog as a kid, and when he knew him he was 9. If Ricky called a 9 year old fan in the stand that, he'd be fired on the spot. This isn't a lot different.

Three more years of Sticky, that strikes me as cruel and unusual punishment for a fan base and club. And trust me, I'd know what that looks like

Spot On

Coach
Love a weak gutted dog that can run over Jack Wighton to score a match winner in front of the Raiders home crowd.

That hurt Sticky more than the GF ‘six again’ call.

And then some.

Farkin’ hurting.

nick87

Coach
I’m not backing down either
Truth is our defence

let’s hit the courts and expose the skeletons in this weak gutted dogs closet

BadnMean

Juniors

This should be the greatest indication of all to the Raiders Board that Sticky's time is up.

It's been a pattern across his career, the lack of emotional regulation/stability that means his teams start well for a while, but he's never been able to keep them consistently going...because basically, he's a sook. He has no ability to control his emotions, which is hell on a playing group over a longer period of time.

I just can't fathom how a person of his age and experience thinks it is OK to say something like that in a public domain. He would have been thinking about it on the way in, yet still went with it.

His mates on 360 are going to have a hell of a job defending that. I imagine they'll either completely ignore it as an item, or write it off as the emotional outcome of a coach under stress on the edge of the top 8. Which is horse shit, because no other coach is out there in pressers calling opposition players 'gutless dogs', nor has it ever happened. I imagine they'll go with the latter.

Jokes on us. For no apparent reason and amid another thoroughly mediocre season the board extended Ricky's contract a few weeks ago. 4 more years. He makes the top eight 33% of the time! Board loves those "results" apparently.

Coached off the park last night when a team with actual systems in attack and defence for replacement players to step into blasted his "disrupted spine" excuse he's leant on all season out of the water

Chippy73

Bench
I like it. The NRL needs more of this type of honesty. Connor McGregor style build ups, post match banter off the chain and genuine grudge matches.

This is the kind of stuff that attracts the wider public audience attention

If Slater said this about Fittler or vice-versa in the build up to Origin it would have smashed all records.

Imagine if raiders make the finals and meet Panthers in week 2
Ahh yes the Donald Trump strategy "no press, is bad press"...I, for one, can see no downsides to that approach to publicising the game.

No. downsides. at. all.

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
😂 I love this thread. Surely the greatest in LU history - so many twists and turns, and always guaranteed to bring a laugh. Mostly at Sticky's expense.