What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

mave

Coach
The Stickster never fails to deliver.

Yet another quality press conference sook, despite the win.

Avenger

Immortal
After so many years in the game to use his words he is the f**king muppet because he gets emotionally affected by anyone who dares to question or criticise him. Without doubt he is still the biggest f**kwit in the game.

Wizardman

First Grade
This is the thing about Ricky

1. I've heard him on interviews and shows away from rugby league directly. He is one of the more impressive humans in our sport.....away from the game. Great family man, very caring man about people with disabilities and devotes a lot of effort towards these charities. As a coach, he seems very much a player's coach as well.

then, there is another side...

2. Ricky when things don't go his way. I have not seen a bigger whinger in rugby league than Ricky. It really is him first....daylight second.

Fangs

Coach
Ricky telling it like it is.

Forget the rest of the footy this weekend tbh. All eyes on game 300 next Friday. NRL should roll out the red carpet for Jarrod.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm getting sick of being told that Jarrod Croker is a club legend. A player who was adequate for the most part with probably 1 year where he was very good, he has been a whinging sour faced turnstile ever since he signed a ridiculously overpriced contract.

The Muppets are Croker and Stuart.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Obviously the team selections are a story for a different day (when we lose) and his press conference was mental (but a sort of low level contempt for the fanbase is the baseline at the Raiders)

But I can't get over the bench use again. Tapine is a massive bloke and he played him for 73 minutes where towards the end he started to get a bit loose down the inside defensively. The tigers rightly saw that both hors and probably tapine would play a lot of minutes and gave them both a lot of defensive work which they on the whole handled but it was clear they were stuffed and slowing down. Tapine legit looked like he was going to vomit as soon as the full time siren went.

His bench was halfback (played 7 minutes on the edge), hooker (played 11 minutes) and two middle forwards who played 45 (guler) and 27 minutes (ata). Tapine is on the whole our best player but I don't think we get best value out of him playing him for such long minutes.

BadnMean

Juniors
Obviously the team selections are a story for a different day (when we lose) and his press conference was mental (but a sort of low level contempt for the fanbase is the baseline at the Raiders)

But I can't get over the bench use again. Tapine is a massive bloke and he played him for 73 minutes where towards the end he started to get a bit loose down the inside defensively. The tigers rightly saw that both hors and probably tapine would play a lot of minutes and gave them both a lot of defensive work which they on the whole handled but it was clear they were stuffed and slowing down. Tapine legit looked like he was going to vomit as soon as the full time siren went.

His bench was halfback (played 7 minutes on the edge), hooker (played 11 minutes) and two middle forwards who played 45 (guler) and 27 minutes (ata). Tapine is on the whole our best player but I don't think we get best value out of him playing him for such long minutes.

Didn't you listen on Team list Tuesday? Ricky said he "had a plan" on how to use Frawley/

Did he elaborate one iota on that plan or how it might ameliorate some of the ridic workload getting pushed onto two props trying to play as mobile locks? Of course not. But we can just assume his plan worked perfectly and how very DARE we ask a question about it at the presser!

Of COURSE Frawls was the obvious bench pick. The edge needed a slow halfback on it at the 73rd minute and if you can't see that... well you're probably just another muppet.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So since we got flogged by the panthers we've won 7 from 8.

Broncos W

Dragons W

Dolphins W

Bulldogs W

Eels W

Sea Eagles L

Rabbitohs W

Tigers W

Broncos was a great win. The Rabbitohs were depleted due to origin and injury.

The rest, excluding the eels and Dolphins who are probably the same level as us are cellar dwelling and probably will remain there.

Ricky is strutting and his media mates are crowing. We'll make the bottom half of the 8.

Latest posts