What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Ronaldo, R9, Il Fenomeno, the most talented player ever?

DC80

Juniors
I ask because, I’m convinced he is. He is still the most breathtaking player I’ve ever seen. Due to his injuries from his mid 20s others have had more successful careers, but none more talented in my view. Messi has done many things that leave you stunned, as did Ronaldinho, Zidane, Henry, but never to the level of Ronaldo. The other Ronaldo, Cristiano, I’ve only ever had one wow moment watching him and that was his bicycle kick vs Juve this year...fabulous athlete yes (possibly the best ever), great in the air, great at long shots, machine like consistency with goalscoring, but he’s never had the technical skills or footwork of the others mentioned.

Harry Kane and a host of footballers speak about watching Ronaldo on YouTube, and it’s not hard to see why. He was a genius, a label that only a handful of players warrant,

Tommy Smith

Referee
The big 4 for me, of the players I've seen are Ronaldo, Messi, Ronny, and Zidane.

I wouldn't even put Cristiano in their class tbh. He's an incredible player but he's not a great dribbler of the ball. Nor can be pick out the most ridiculous pass.

Those are the two qualities that qualify as being a genius in my books.

Peak Ronaldo is arguably number 1; but I'd still have Messi there because he's the best combination of the two that I've seen - can dribble the ball past half a dozen defenders to score from outside the box, or he can pick out a teammate with the vision of Michael Laudrup for an incredible assist.

Latest posts