What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Sheens plan working!?

Eddie.

Bench
Well there were a few rumblings when Timothy was re-signed for a further 2 seasons in 2005 and 06. I doubt there are many any more.

He was after a 3 year plan right?? he said in 2004 he would give a bit of cheek and be close to the 8 - which has proved to be the case. In 2005 he said the youngsters would take over - (well satts, daz, buets, loodie, graham and co are all going - so this looks on the money)The professionalism of the club is there for all to see these days, the bad headlines have well and truly been left in the Terry Lamb era.

80% of players signed by Sheens have been fantastic, including 2 of the signings of the year in Prince and Hodgson ( who needs Covell the way Hodgo kicks !! ) who Sheens put faith in despite their injury woes. Sheens also has the tigers playing an enterprising brand of football with deep backlines and sweeping movements - good to watch!!

Personally i couldnt think of a man i would rather have in charge of our club!!

Thoughts??

zaibatsu

Juniors
agreed.

just include elford & richards with prince & hodgson for signings of the year though :D

cadburys

Juniors
zaibatsu said:
agreed.

just include elford & richards with prince & hodgson for signings of the year though :D

Elford has played well in certain games, but not over the course of the season. :? :?

Richards on the other hand has has slowly improved week after week since his comeback from injury. :D :D

HOT028

Juniors
elford has been a solid buy, he is our mark o'neil of the backs, here come the semis, we might go further then people think just like in lotto you have to be in it to win it.

Juniors
Sheens is the best thing to happen to this club. I wish he was here from the start. He has done an outstanding job. Even if we don't make the top 8 this season has been a success.

* We have been in th hunt for the top 8 right up till the end. Won more games then last season.

* Our signings Hodgson, Prince, Sattler, Elford, Moodie and Richards have all been great

* Younger guys have continued to improve

* Broken plently of records inculding wining 3 in a row and currently have won 2 in a row (hope it becomes 5 games +)

Davester

Juniors
I never doubted Sheens when he took up the role of being the Tiger's new coach and I don't till this day. He's done a great job and has helped improve the club to the status of a finals contender. Happy he re-signed for longer. Good on him! :clap:

Tigerpete

Juniors
A man of Sheens experience should and never can be doubted. As #4 said, i wish he was here from day one too, he's the right man for the situation the club was in and its shown now. When Tim was re-signed earlier i heard a few rumblings but i thought about Sheens plans and realised that it's going to plan and we the fans have to trust him, so far he's delivering, therefore on that i was happy to see him stay.

We have an exciting future ahead, nobody can doubt that but to reach that we still need to work harder than ever to get there.

Suzie

Juniors
Davester said:
I never doubted Sheens when he took up the role of being the Tiger's new coach and I don't till this day. He's done a great job and has helped improve the club to the status of a finals contender. Happy he re-signed for longer. Good on him! :clap:
Me too. Happy to have him from day 1. Never doubted him in any way.

Davester

Juniors
Nitekrwlr said:
Sattler is our best buy.

Gonna miss him next year

Yeah he will be sorely missed. I'm happy though that he's made the right decision. We'd prefer Sattler going through surgery and being ok then to be f*cked up on the field next year. He battles on with a chronic knee injury, he's one tough bloke. Oh well he can enjoy all his time with his family now and whatever he decides to do in the future. I'm behind him

Suzie

Juniors
Davester said:
Nitekrwlr said:
Sattler is our best buy.

Gonna miss him next year

Yeah he will be sorely missed. I'm happy though that he's made the right decision. We'd prefer Sattler going through surgery and being ok then to be f*cked up on the field next year. He battles on with a chronic knee injury, he's one tough bloke. Oh well he can enjoy all his time with his family now and whatever he decides to do in the future. I'm behind him
I think Sattlerbrought a lot to the team this season, and will definately be missed next year. I wish him the best though, and have a whole season of memories of Satts as a tiger. *SATTS-sational* ;-)