What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Sione now our most important player?

Anonymous

Juniors
I think he is. He is just about running the team now. He is basically the attacking spark at the moment, if we want something to happen, we chuck it to Sione. Not just that, but he tends to play a lot of minutes (usually 80?? or does he go off?), he hits the ball up as well as any of our forwards, and he does a heap of defensive work. At the moment he is like two or three players, a hard working backrower, a playmaker, and a wide-running centre rolled into one.

In my opinion he is in the top half dozen New Zealand players in the world at the moment.

JoeD

First Grade
I think I would agree - and he hasn't hit his straps yet this season. You forgot that he's kicking the goals now too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not bad for a bloke that Legend and other Canberra fans wrote off as a nuffy when he was at the Raiders. Just goes to show how important environment can be for a player.

Anonymous

Juniors
LOL, dead right about Legend Space. To be fair though, Sione was very new to rugby league then. IIRC he didn't start playing league until his late teens, and there he was, aged 19/20 and playing professionally in Australia. He obviously has huge ability- a rare combination of size and strength, and the ball skills he has from his basketball background.

I think he has settled into a much more suitable role now as well. I think initially he was stereotyped as yet another big, strong Polynesian centre/backrower who could run over the top of people. I think he is much more effective in more of a playmaking role like he has now, standing at second receiver and running at the line with the ball in two hands.

ozbash

Referee
there is an unwritten law that legend must be given crap and his nose rubbed in it at every oportunity. :D

i told you jokers that john-boy was going to be our star of the season.

dont you lot listen :roll: ?

ThrashViking

Juniors
He can run it up like a prop,run as a centre,has the skills of a five-eight.
He was brilliant against the Storm-And he's only gonna get better

Meth

Staff member
Sione is kicking at a very good success rate

Not bad for a third string kicker

umosay

Juniors
don't worry

"this is for you momma" :D

what about his goalie-like save from the grubber, read it beatifully

Latest posts