What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IS TARIQ READY TO RUMBLE ?

dungay dragon

Juniors
Tomorrow night could have all the stars aligning for Tariq against the Bunnies ....
1 Expecting one of those MOM performances as the scribes have him likely to lose his spot for Origin 2 for possibly Jake T , and he will want to prove them wrong
2 On a cold blustery night at home against arch rivals the Bunnies , realising that if you can keep chief playmaker Walker quiet will go a long way to a Dragons win
3 Tariq knows Walker has a short fuse and will do his best to get right in his face from first whistle
4 Will want at least one more memorable performance for the Club and Fans before he heads off at seasons end to the Storm
5 Will know if he can lead the way , his other fellow team mates will follow and be urged on by a biased local vocal crowd to cause the upset
Sikkem Tariq ................

blacksafake

First Grade
Tomorrow night could have all the stars aligning for Tariq against the Bunnies ....
1 Expecting one of those MOM performances as the scribes have him likely to lose his spot for Origin 2 for possibly Jake T , and he will want to prove them wrong
2 On a cold blustery night at home against arch rivals the Bunnies , realising that if you can keep chief playmaker Walker quiet will go a long way to a Dragons win
3 Tariq knows Walker has a short fuse and will do his best to get right in his face from first whistle
4 Will want at least one more memorable performance for the Club and Fans before he heads off at seasons end to the Storm
5 Will know if he can lead the way , his other fellow team mates will follow and be urged on by a biased local vocal crowd to cause the upset
It would be nice & hopefully he has a stormer but I’m not expecting it.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Tariq Sims? The bloke who was told to look elsewhere, while we offered contracts to Woods, McCullough and George Burgess? The player who averages less run metres this year than Blake Lawrie? The man with 1 try next to his name in 2023 and only 2 offloads?

I admire your optimism but I don't think Tariq is going to save us.

redv13

Bench
Tariq Sims? The bloke who was told to look elsewhere, while we offered contracts to Woods, McCullough and George Burgess? The player who averages less run metres this year than Blake Lawrie? The man with 1 try next to his name in 2023 and only 2 offloads?

I admire your optimism but I don't think Tariq is going to save us.
He’s at risk for the blues game 2. Fire up tomorrow night and he’ll be sweet. Play like a plodder, bye bye blues jersey. Hopefully it’s the 1st one coz when Tariq fires up we usually win well

Crush

Coach
Are you suggesting players pick and choose their moments as to when they will play to their potential? Shouldn’t they give their 100% all every single week that they play NRL?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
He’s at risk for the blues game 2. Fire up tomorrow night and he’ll be sweet. Play like a plodder, bye bye blues jersey. Hopefully it’s the 1st one coz when Tariq fires up we usually win well

He's gone anyway. Has done nothing this year and Fittler only picked him because he had a good series in 2021, and has a reputation as a big game player. Saints vs Souths is not a big game. I don't expect to see anything different from Tariq against Souths, it will be a workmanlike performance, that's all.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1655299607470.gif

dungay dragon

Juniors
Are you suggesting players pick and choose their moments as to when they will play to their potential? Shouldn’t they give their 100% all every single week that they play NRL?
Of course they should give 100% ea week ...Did the eels last week 🤔
Suggesting this a fork in the road match for Simms ..If he wants to try and cling to his Origin dreams and at the same time repay the fans who have supported him throughout his dragons career , then this is his match.
Walker is pivotal to everything the Bunnies throw at you .Silence him and you silence them ..An ideal assignment i would imagine...Who else would you ask to mark him closely Lawrie , Sharon ffs ?

Divine

Bench
I too have a flicker of optimism move through me on game day, no matter how desperate I've been feeling during the week post defeat. Funnily enough I also scramble around speculating about who will rise up and lead us to an unlikely victory. Such rationalisations do make me feel better for 24 hours at least. It's not long after kick-off that I see the foolishness of my naivete and plunge once again into lonely despair. But the foetal position isn't where I remain because I know that within the week there will be a day when I look up at least for a day and see that the sky is again blue. Go Tariq!

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I too have a flicker of optimism move through me on game day, no matter how desperate I've been feeling during the week post defeat. Funnily enough I also scramble around speculating about who will rise up and lead us to an unlikely victory. Such rationalisations do make me feel better for 24 hours at least. It's not long after kick-off that I see the foolishness of my naivete and plunge once again into lonely despair. But the foetal position isn't where I remain because I know that within the week there will be a day when I look up at least for a day and see that the sky is again blue. Go Tariq!
Sums me up as well! Sad and desperate, but true. 😁😪🙄

mightydragon

Juniors
Su'A will be the one targeting Walker

Latest posts