What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Swannies media coverage in Sydney justified?

Is the Swannies current media coverage in Sydney justified?

• Yes

Votes: 83 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • No real opinion

Votes: 15 8.3%

• Total voters

Dutch Oven

Juniors
Hello peoples, it's grand final week and the bloods are in the big one. But what I wanna know is the coverage they are getting in Sydney this week and last in proportion with the support for AFL and the Swans in Sydney. Are the Sydney papers going over the top and neglecting the NRL.

This is not a troll poll, I am genuinely interested and I don't mind rugby league. That's the good thing about Australia you see, we like a lot of footy codes, depsite what some people may say about Melbournians being insular. They would give the Storm fair coverage if they made the grand final I think.

Matt23

Staff member
Although it would piss the mexicans off big time if they won, i wont lose any sleep if they dont...the media frenzy is a tad over the top though

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think the interest level here for the Swans is slightly above what Melbourne's was for the Storm in '99. Yes, the coverage is warranted IMO. A Sydney team fighting for any sort of premiership is viewed as positive I suppose.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm tolerant of other sporting codes in Sydney, and i'm all for the promotion of Sydney's effort to make the grand final this weekend. I'd like to think Melbourne would get behind the Storm in the same manner, both media and public, but i'd have to see it to believe it.

fourplay

Juniors
pffft 90% of Sydney had nfi who Barry Hall was until this weekend.. Now he is celebrity status.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
fourplay said:
pffft 90% of Sydney had nfi who Barry Hall was until this weekend.. Now he is celebrity status.

your kidding. im not an afl fan but i can recognise how big this game is for sydney.

barry hall is very well known in sydney, even before this.

Morenito

Juniors
fourplay said:

Swans games average something like 30,000k a game. I dont know what shell you live in.

More people in Sydney know who Barry Hall is then 90% of Rugby League players. Think about it, Its true!

iggy plop

First Grade
I think they deserve more coverage than they usually get but league should still be dominating. After all there are three popular Sydney NRL teams (combined average crowds 52,000) still left in the comp and a game that would have attracted around 70,000 fans with a big enough stadium.

There is no way AFL deserves to be on the front page every day. If they win the thing then front page coverage is warranted for a day. A quick look at tomorrow's paper and the Swans have slightly more coverage than the league including the front page.

Just my opinion.

Morenito

Juniors
If they win they deserve front page for sure!. Maybe 2 days max as then its the NRL grand final build up week.

Theres no doubt the Sunday Telegraphs front page will be Swans. Thats a given.

I just hope its a good front page!

iggy plop

First Grade
Morenito said:
If they win they deserve front page for sure!. Maybe 2 days max as then its the NRL grand final build up week.

Theres no doubt the Sunday Telegraphs front page will be Swans. Thats a given.

I just hope its a good front page!

Even l'll give them the front page if they win, but that should be it.

It's way over the top this week though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
iggy plop said:
I can picture you frothing at the mouth.

eww.

Look mate they are in a grand final. I follow both codes so I am not fussed who is on the front/back page!

iggy plop

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Look mate they are in a grand final. I follow both codes so I am not fussed who is on the front/back page!

That's fine. I've just got this picture in my head of you frothing at the mouth. You're a funny looking fellow.

lockyno1

Post Whore
iggy plop said:
That's fine. I've just got this picture in my head of you frothing at the mouth. You're a funny looking fellow.

Ok fair enough, I'll cop that!

Latest posts