What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Swannies media coverage in Sydney justified?

Is the Swannies current media coverage in Sydney justified?

• Yes

Votes: 83 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • No real opinion

Votes: 15 8.3%

• Total voters

Knightmare

Coach
How many NRL fans know the words to their team's club song? You going to accuse them of not being fair dinkum?

Choppies

Coach
Knightmare said:
How many NRL fans know the words to their team's club song? You going to accuse them of not being fair dinkum?

How many times is a club song played at NRL games?
How many times is a club song played at an AFL game?

Sometimes here and there at NRL games.
AFL club songs are played when the teams break the banners and when they win. And on the clubs websites its on there, for AFL fans not to know thewir clubs song is criminal IMO.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
BBSF is the biigest bandwagoner i kno of, and wuteva he says has no cred. he is on two bandwagons rite now Parra & Swans, its the Swans one that sickens me most because evry1 is doing it it is creating the impression that ppl actually care abt afl

Hoops

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
CHEER, CHEER THE PINK AND THE OFF-WHITE,

JUST OUT OF SYMPATHY OR OUT OF SPITE,

LIFT THAT TOILET PAPER BANNER HIGH,

YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW WHY.

WHETHER OUR PRIVATES BE GREAT OR BE SMALL,

SWANS WILL GO IN AND CHOKE ON THEM ALL

WHILE HER LOYAL TRANNIES GO PONCING

ONWARDS TO THE TOOLSHED!

There is a true fan, you even knows the second verse.
No-one can accuse you of being a bandwagon supporter

Hoops

Juniors
Choppies said:
West Coast fans dont even know the words to the club song. Very fair dinkum fans that lot.
Hve you heard the WC theme song, To learn the words you have to hear the song.
No thanks

Choppies

Coach
Hoops said:
Hve you heard the WC theme song, To learn the words you have to hear the song.
No thanks

good point, it is a horrible song.

We’re the big birds, kings of the big game
We’re the Eagles, we’re flying high :lol:

OVP

Coach
I think the sad thing is that Roosters fans are accused of jumping on the Swans bandwagon year in, year out, and yet its atually the supporters of other clubs who are heavily jumping on the bandwagon. Cant see a single Rooster fan here who gives a toss about Faerie Ballet with a ball.

NOTE to self : it seems Sharks fans are BY FAR the biggest bandwagoners of the Swans.

eelandia

Juniors
I don't really care but it was interesting this morning on 2KY when Richard Freedman said the "..Swans were entenched in the Eastern Suburbs and were a glamour team..". So who do they represent - Sydney or the Eastern Suburbs? If its the latter then GO THE BLUE and GOLDS.

I must also include this was in the context of him asking some old Sth Melbourne fan what the team used to be like....and of course they used to be 'battlers'. Nice set up Richie..trying to make other parts of Sydney relate to the team maybe?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Over the top, way over the top.

Sky news are fargging hopless, all they seem to want to report is the Swans, Hello, eels fan here, whats going on with them you farging useless bunch of pricks?

If they don't give RL the same coverage after the AFL GF, i will be sending enough emails to them to make my fingers bleed.
icon8.gif

dubby

Bench
Yeah I have to admit, the bandwagon factor is what peeves me. Its just the papers trying to sell papers, journos trying to write something.

Living near Brisbane, I'm used to all the hype created for the Lions, and it sickens me. If its wasn't for the huge Victorian population living around the place, they would have no support at all.

To all you "swannies" supporters, this time next year your interest in AFL will be at zero, the media interest will be just above (no matter how hard the Tele try and promote it), and Sydney will still be a mad League town.

It is shades of 96, instead of Lockett you have "big bad Barry Hall", (what a gay nickname, no league player would ever want to be tagged with that), and you have the minority of the Sydney population supporting them.

Go the Swannies and your lame support gropu

Knightmare

Coach
Exactly, and what makes me laugh is that there are more Sydneysiders playing for the Cowboys than there are for "Our Swannies"!

They'v made their grand final and good luck to them. So what if they get a bit of hype, does me no harm. I'm not a fan, and I do find some of the coverage a bit over the top, but so what???

The one thing that does make me cringe is the bandwagonning by some sections of the media. They couldn't give a rats behind about Sydney Swans until now - when they have become the golden goose - now its "Our Swannies" etc. But in saying that similar coverage was afforded to the Storm in 99. Apart from the true hardcore supporters, so called "fans" of sides like these ebb and flow with failure & success.

j5o6hn

Juniors
You lot want to live in WA if you want bullsh*t about Sydney and the Swans,most of whats going on is band wagon stuff I was in Sydney when the AFL/VFL moved them up cause they were broke,the AFL have thrown god knows how much money at them and finaly they make another GF wonder how many dollars a minute that cost em, also AFL need Sydney a damm stie more than Sydney needs the Swans,tomorrows fish and chip rappers and back to fourth after the A League and whatever else is up against them on TV,re the 30,000 anyone every asked how many expats?

wittyfan

Referee
I went past Town Hall today and out the front there are a bunch of Sydney Swans flags with "Go The Swans" on them.

B-dos

Referee
The Colonel said:
My wife summed it up for me pretty well yesterday while reading the paper. She asked "Who is Barry Hall?"........

All of Sydney my arse.....

Geez your wife hasnt heard of him so the whole of Sydney must not have heard of him either. Yeah...

AFL and the Swans are very very popular all around Sydney and NSW. The fact that this is a league forum may have a bit to do with the fact that some people here hate AFL and have never heard of Barry Hall.

The Swans are a hugely supported team throughout NSW because people tend to support the NSW team above any other team and fair enough. They have many more fans than most people think.

Because we live in a league dominated state we dont really have too much media on the Swans but all the hype lately in the news and on the TV is completley justified given that they have made the grand final.

I for one cant wait until Saturday for a great day of footy. Swans in the arvo followed by the Tigers and Dragons that night. Any self respecting sports fan must be the same.

JW

Coach
B-dos said:
AFL and the Swans are very very popular all around Sydney and NSW.

The Swans are a hugely supported team throughout NSW because people tend to support the NSW team above any other team and fair enough. They have many more fans than most people think.

Brilliant piss take...

Latest posts