What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Swannies media coverage in Sydney justified?

Is the Swannies current media coverage in Sydney justified?

• Yes

Votes: 83 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 82 45.6%
  • No real opinion

Votes: 15 8.3%

• Total voters

iggy plop

First Grade
dodge said:
That's rich coming from the most insular and hate-filled league fan of our era. You just pipped Weasels Ripped my Flesh at the post. :lol:

But there's a whole city of them down south that either hate league with a passion or are so ignorant that they don't even know what it is.

But don't worry Daniel son, you've won the award for the biggest bandwagon jumper in the history of Wagon jumpers. Two in one week, you don't get any more farked than that.

p189.jpg
All hale sir Daniel!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So sinking to their level is going to get you where exactly? Did your parents never teach you tolerance???

:lol: It's funny, you're still under the misapprehension that I care that you've got your knickers in a knot over my bandwagoning.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Awww. iggy plop has nothing and as such ignores my biting truth that was told.

Looks like the poll is being shoved tightly up your ass as well... :lol:

Nitey nite plopster.

iggy plop

First Grade
dodge said:
Awww. iggy plop has nothing and as such ignores my biting truth that was told.

Looks like the poll is being shoved tightly up your ass as well... :lol:

Nitey nite plopster.

So you are biting are you?? Give yourself a wrap Mr Wagon on your way to working out which team you are going to flog your log about if your red and white wet dreams happen to turn into nightmares.

All aboard Daniel Son you sad little 'biter' you :lol: !!!!!

bandwagon.jpg

eelandia

Juniors
B-dos said:
I for one cant wait until Saturday for a great day of footy. Swans in the arvo followed by the Tigers and Dragons that night. Any self respecting sports fan must be the same.

What about the fact the game itself is incredibly messy, fumbly and extremely hard for any self-respecting League fan to watch. I mean the whole Hall affair would've made many an old Leaguie turn in his grave.

I like clinical and purposeful play where pressurE is built, not FLUKED..!!

taxidriver

Coach
Leo Barry
Paul Bevan
Craig Bolton
Nick Davis
Brett Kirk
Ben Matthews
Jarrod McVeigh
Lewis Roberts Thompson
Adam Schneider

are all New South Welshmen

B-dos

Referee
eelandia said:
What about the fact the game itself is incredibly messy, fumbly and extremely hard for any self-respecting League fan to watch. I mean the whole Hall affair would've made many an old Leaguie turn in his grave.

I like clinical and purposeful play where pressurE is built, not FLUKED..!!

Mate i simply said im looking forward to a great day of footy of saturday which includes watching the Swans v West Coast and the Tigers v Dragons. I like all sports, i love my league but i also enjoy following and watching all other sports.

You obviously dont watch much AFL, and good for you, thats your choice, but it is a great game to watch and the play is hardly ever fluked. no more so than league anyway.

ali

Bench
taxidriver said:
Leo Barry
Paul Bevan
Craig Bolton
Nick Davis
Brett Kirk
Ben Matthews
Jarrod McVeigh
Lewis Roberts Thompson
Adam Schneider

They can hardly claim Nick Davis as a great development success. His dad moved from Victoria to NSW to work for the swans!

B-dos said:
Mate i simply said im looking forward to a great day of footy of saturday which includes watching the Swans v West Coast and the Tigers v Dragons. I like all sports, i love my league but i also enjoy following and watching all other sports.

You obviously dont watch much AFL, and good for you, thats your choice, but it is a great game to watch and the play is hardly ever fluked. no more so than league anyway.

So they actually aim to score behinds do they?

eelandia

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
But from where in NSW?

Sydney...... ?

Have any of them ever been west of Anzac Parade..?? Would they know how to get to Kingswood, Rydalmere, Terrey Hills, Castle Hill, Padstow, McGraths Hill, St. Clair....you get the point.

Yep Eelandia, some people seem to forget that the team is supposed to represent Sydney, not NSW. The players would go past Pyrmont once a year. And when they do, no one cares.

It's embarrassing enough to have them claiming to represent this city without them claiming to represent this state.

Green Machine

First Grade
taxidriver said:
Leo Barry
Paul Bevan
Craig Bolton
Nick Davis
Brett Kirk
Ben Matthews
Jarrod McVeigh
Lewis Roberts Thompson
Adam Schneider

The AFL Commission has already approved the proposal in the belief that Australian football in Sydney desperately requires a local hero. Not one NSW teenager was taken in the 2005 national draft and only three have emerged from the greater Sydney area over the past six years.
http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/afl-forces-sydney-teen-plan/2005/06/27/1119724578885.html

Pantherjim.

Referee
No it is not justified at all!

There is literally a media embargo on anything to do with our code or even the Melbourne Storm for that matter down in Melbourne. Why should Sydney media do the Swans or the AFL any favours?

Seriously, how much media attention do you think the Storm would get down there if they made the N.R.L. Grand Final??

And please.... step back into reality before you answer!

Pantherjim.

Brutus

Referee
taxidriver said:
Leo Barry
Paul Bevan
Craig Bolton
Nick Davis
Brett Kirk
Ben Matthews
Jarrod McVeigh
Lewis Roberts Thompson
Adam Schneider

Just did a quick google.

Ben Matthews Corowa-Rutherglen (murray river), Leo Barry Deniliquin, Scheider (Wagga), Kirk (Albury).

McVeigh's older brother was born in Melbourne so he just missed out on being born there as well, Davis' dad played VFL (so that undeniable influence was there, despite him being a Sharks supporter as a kid).

Half those players you named could fall forwards and they'd be in Victoria proving that a South Melbourne Swans grand final win would hardly be beating Victoria at their own game. So it's by and large a non-Sydney/NSW team. Pretty poor representation considering the club has been in Sydney for almost a quarter of a century.

RiotAct

Juniors
Success generates interest, and Swans have drawn pretty good crowds this year regardless of TV ratings. AFL is hard to watch AND understand at the best of times but It'd still be good to see Sydney win the comp, even just to stick it to the Vics.

RiotAct

Juniors
Brutus said:
Just did a quick google.

Ben Matthews Corowa-Rutherglen (murray river), Leo Barry Deniliquin, Scheider (Wagga), Kirk (Albury).

McVeigh's older brother was born in Melbourne so he just missed out on being born there as well, Davis' dad played VFL (so that undeniable influence was there, despite him being a Sharks supporter as a kid).

Half those players you named could fall forwards and they'd be in Victoria proving that a South Melbourne Swans grand final win would hardly be beating Victoria at their own game. So it's by and large a non-Sydney/NSW team. Pretty poor representation considering the club has been in Sydney for almost a quarter of a century.

Thats right, they've no right using the name Sydney Swans, how dare they have out of state players! omg evil!!

RiotAct

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
No it is not justified at all!

There is literally a media embargo on anything to do with our code or even the Melbourne Storm for that matter down in Melbourne. Why should Sydney media do the Swans or the AFL any favours?

Seriously, how much media attention do you think the Storm would get down there if they made the N.R.L. Grand Final??

And please.... step back into reality before you answer!

Pantherjim.

You seriously sound like a Victorian, Close minded when it comes to any other sport other than the dominant code, i'm no AFL fan but i'd still like to see the swans do well, mainly because it burns the vics so much

Latest posts