What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the World Cup Final Cam Smith's last ever game in the green and gold?

LordLeague

Juniors
If the Kangaroos have the year off next year then do we all expect Can Smith to still be playing for the Kangaroos in 2019? If not, could Saturday night be his farewell game? I reckon he should announce his international retirement tomorrow. Would add to the event and should guarantee a sellout at Suncorp.

Lord League

Last Week

Bench
I doubt this will be the last we see of Smith or Cronk.

Slater maybe.

I also believe that Thurston will come out of retirement and play for Queensland next year.

roughyedspud

Coach
After Saturday Australia won't have another game till October 2018 and it's only 1game..there's no way Smith,cronk and slater will still be around..

They'll be 35+

Last Week

Bench
After Saturday Australia won't have another game till October 2018 and it's only 1game..there's no way Smith,cronk and slater will still be around..

They'll be 35+

You're doubting the health of Smith and Cronk. Their fitness and health is top notch. Haven't suffered many injuries aswell.

I can't think of Cameron Smith having an injury actually.

roughyedspud

Coach
Why not retire on a high,winning a world cup on their maroons home field? Perfect time to knock it on the head!

Or

Go around again,for 1 game,likely to be in Auckland in 2018? Cos they certainly won't be around in 2019!

Springs09

Juniors
Smith will play in the one-off game against NZ next October.

But if that game wasn't there then I'm glad this would be his last game. He's one of the main reasons Australia wants a year off every three years. Will also cost him the record for most tests I'm pretty sure.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
He's the General President of the RLPA who are the ones that demand the break for the Australian team.
yes, i suppose so … I wish the stupid RLPA would demand a 22-game season instead of 24, leaving them less tired and more ready for Tests !

Springs09

Juniors
Or demand less pre-season training and no useless games like the All-Stars.

When the Australian team has a 'year off' they don't get any more time off, they just go back to pre-season earlier. Who knows why they would prefer slogging it out in pre-season heat in December rather than playing for your country.

The reason there is so many injuries is because clubs push their players to the limit during training. Only when they're playing for their country or a rep team are they oh so concerned about player welfare.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Smith will play in the one-off game against NZ next October.

But if that game wasn't there then I'm glad this would be his last game. He's one of the main reasons Australia wants a year off every three years. Will also cost him the record for most tests I'm pretty sure.

You sure?

Play for Straya or stay home with Bev?

Latest posts