What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the closest top 8 in history?

shiznit

Coach
Just looking at the ladder...

2pts seperates 1st from 8th.

In the near 30 years I’ve been watching the game I don’t think I’ve ever seen it so close...

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Has to be. Any single result during the year goes a different way and the ladder finishes looking completely different than it does now.

This Year?

Immortal
It's the closest I've ever seen it. If only the form and the top 17 were all fit for every club then it would have been a thrilling finals series.

Spade

Juniors
Points-wise theyre insanely close, but the reality is that they're not.

At there best its close as f**k but in reality you have Penrith and Dragons now both making up the numbers and a hot and cold Broncos and NZ, Top 4 will be the final 4.

JB04

Juniors
From a numerical perspective, yes as it’s 2 points and a 156 point differential which separate 1 from 8. Form wise, Jesus Christ no.

It is very close but only 3 teams -- Sydney Roosters, Melbourne Storm, and New Zealand Warriors -- have the brilliant players necessary to win a Grand Final.

Sydney Roosters have Latrell Mitchell and James Tedesco, Melbourne Storm have Billy Slater and Cameron Smith, New Zealand Warriors have Shaun Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Cronulla Sharks have only one brilliant player in Valentine Holmes, so he can be contained.

South Sydney are all muscle (Burgess boys) and a little zip (Damien Clark) which can be contained.

McLovin

Staff member
Dragons/Panthers and to a lesser extend, the Warriors, are limping in. As far as form goes, no team has been in better form since origin than the Sharks.