What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the worst season you can remember in a while?

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
I just think this year has been pretty poor. With all the player transfers, guys going to England and injuries I think its been a dissapointing season. No team other than Melbourne kind of, has really stood up and played greatful. You kind of get the impression even teams like Parra, Wests and the Cowboys dont have their act together and are pretty well capable of dishing up sh*t on any given day. The refs have gone to a new level this year as well. Its the year I've lost faith in the NRL as an organization. Changes need to occur.

scuzzi

Juniors
Not as bad as 2002 where a certain team cheated hardcore by topping the salary cap by a couple of mil and screwing up the entire comp. Disgraceful.

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually, I'm quite enjoying this season, especially with the emergence of new talant on show.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Season is going good i reckon, enjoying it

The whole England thing is overplayed as well, read an article the other day, and so far there are 6 going to England and 5 coming back

Mr Saab

Referee
The OP is a Broncos supporter so his opinion is somewhat clouded as a result of the Broncos season going down the S bend.
Had the Broncos remained injury free then i can probably guarantee this thread would not have been created.
As for the refs...they are not better nor worse than 2002/3/4/5/6.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

After the game today what an absolutely absurd question to pose. Best game of the year by far at SFS.

m0j0

Bench
Kid Dynamite said:
No team other than Melbourne kind of, has really stood up and played greatful.

Played greatful? Is this the worst comment you can remember?

Sorry, I didn't think the rest of the post was worth commenting on. Regardless of how crap my team has been going, I've enjoyed this season.

fourplay

Juniors
This has been one of the best seasons I think..

Almost every game is a good exciting game.. im watching a lot more games on TV aswell.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if ever there is a game to advertise how great this product is it's the game that was played at the sfs today, it would of been regarded in ancient terms as a humdinger!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
fourplay said:
This has been one of the best seasons I think..

Almost every game is a good exciting game.. im watching a lot more games on TV aswell.

2003 was the best season IMO

Stagger eel

Staff member
btw, it appears the the KD isn't the only one who has a problem with the product this year, Graeme Hughes has been harping on it all year..

personally I just can't see where the problem is..

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Timmah said:
:lol:

After the game today what an absolutely absurd question to pose. Best game of the year by far at SFS.

Best game in probably a few years, i dare to say.

Quality over 90 minutes, not a frenetic final 10-20 minutes and a quick extra time period.

mightypanther

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
2003 was the best season IMO

Of course I agree with you totally:D

But as for this season, understandably I think it's a shocker, but I don't expect fans of any other team to feel the same way.

petetheileet

First Grade
Too much controversy this year, many matches have been decided by officials instead of the players!

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
We can only hope the people at NRL headquarters reach the same conclusions on the health of the game based pretty much on todays game at the sfs. Actually its quite possible. Oh dear.