What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this where the RED DEVILS got their name?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I'm wondering if this is where the Salford city reds got their nickname all those years ago when playing in France, anyone know?

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10762

rca_1934_salford_970.jpg

i03_851.jpg

miroir1_824.jpg

miroir_190.jpg

nadera78

Juniors
Most certainly is where they got the nicknane. 'Les Diablo Rouge'
Shame man utd stole it a few years back, if salford used it now most people would assume they stole it from them. grrr!

deluded pom?

Coach
nadera78 said:
Most certainly is where they got the nicknane. 'Les Diablo Rouge'
Shame man utd stole it a few years back, if salford used it now most people would assume they stole it from them. grrr!

And ironically Man Utd should really be called Salford Utd as Old Trafford is in Salford!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Maybe some RL fans should infiltrate the Man City fans and get some new chants going when they play the derby.

You steal from Rugby League, you steal from Rugby League :lol:

Big-Hitter

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
And ironically Man Utd should really be called Salford Utd as Old Trafford is in Salford!

Sorry to correct you but, although Old Trafford is a stone's throw from Salford Quays it is actually outside city limits and part of the borough of Trafford (so not technically part of Manchester either).

The Red Devils moniker did indeed come from the tour of France.

deluded pom?

Coach
I stand corrected. I used to like to wind the Man Utd fans up by calling them Salford Utd. Ah well it'll have to be Trafford Utd instead.