What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Tim Paine most uninspiring captain Ever??

Old Timer

Coach
Spent 6 weeks there for work 5 years ago. The caste system was diabolical. Even visiting the remote places, cricket was being played in dust. PS; did you wake up on the right side of the bed today? You're quite endearing today OT.
Funny about that I never get out on the right side that as I always sleep on the left hand side but in saying that ever since late December, every morning when I wake up and look across to the opposite side of the bed I see and smell Elle McPherson, so what's not too be happy with that?
Fair to say that she can be a bit prickly at times but happy to put up with that to just enjoy the experience.
The truth is she looks glamorous in the sunshine but she does look a bit bedraggled when she is wet.

Drag Queen

Bench
Funny about that I never get out on the right side that as I always sleep on the left hand side but in saying that ever since late December, every morning when I wake up and look across to the opposite side of the bed I see and smell Elle McPherson, so what's not too be happy with that?
Fair to say that she can be a bit prickly at times but happy to put up with that to just enjoy the experience.
The truth is she looks glamorous in the sunshine but she does look a bit bedraggled when she is wet.
Who would have thought. You do have a sense of humour. Hooray!!

Gareth67

First Grade
Timmy showed great initiative in seeking a bit of the wet stuff from the rain gods to secure Australia a draw , well done , you are a hell of lot better than that Michael ‘ pick me again ‘ Clarke . :flushed:

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Let's try another perspective. Sitting next to Mary, WTF is he going to say?
He could say plenty.
Try......our effort today stunk, we let our fans and our club down.
Try......We must bounce back from this next week, no excuses, we were poor
Or.......Along with the coaching team, our playing group need to turn this around fast
Many things.....but he ain’t got the balls, that’s part of the problem.
A captain without steel....

ouryears

Bench
You make it sound as though Australian cricket has developed the same malaise as the West Indies.

It hasn’t.

Where should your box of hankies be sent?

Ummmmm, the Australian cricket team are useless
Worse team in our history
Facts and stats back me up
Go check

Drag Queen

Bench
He could say plenty.
Try......our effort today stunk, we let our fans and our club down.
Try......We must bounce back from this next week, no excuses, we were poor
Or.......Along with the coaching team, our playing group need to turn this around fast
Many things.....but he ain’t got the balls, that’s part of the problem.
A captain without steel....
Really ouryears? You know you're better than that. Give a bit of kudos to team India. They played amazingly well.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
Good for you if you think the cricket team are up to first tier standard
How do you support that
With what win lose ratio?
And with what stats?
Let’s see them.....ummmm
Unfortunately you are the one to pull stats out of your backside. India were smart recruiting a few of our ex legends. I'm sure they are being paid rather well for their input too. I'm fairly sure that if Warner (your Davey) and Smith would have made a difference to the outcome of this series. You can thank the weather gods for the draw. Cheers.

ouryears

Bench
Again...rubbish.

The sides during the WSC years and the mid 80s were worse.
Those defending Paine, Langer or the team are looking like fools, firstly we were smashed by Pakistan, then smashed by India.....and Sri Lanka will soon put the boot into us as well.

Paine is paid to do a job that he didn't do, same with the entire team. Finding excuses for them is very strange, innings scores of 150 and bowlers being smacked for 600 is nothing short of the pits.

Amazing how those that slam Mary and our players for mediocrity have the gall to defend Paine, Langer and co for their abysmal and laughable efforts.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Rather than beating Paine up let’s not forget the three stooges who set up the series wins for South Africa and India......Smith, Warner and Bancroft. Wasn’t Warner captain then?

TruSaint

Referee
Rather than beating Paine up let’s not forget the three stooges who set up the series wins for South Africa and India......Smith, Warner and Bancroft. Wasn’t Warner captain then?

Correct, but await for the " defence" that they were harshly dealt with.
;);)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Those defending Paine, Langer or the team are looking like fools, firstly we were smashed by Pakistan, then smashed by India.....and Sri Lanka will soon put the boot into us as well.

Paine is paid to do a job that he didn't do, same with the entire team. Finding excuses for them is very strange, innings scores of 150 and bowlers being smacked for 600 is nothing short of the pits.

Amazing how those that slam Mary and our players for mediocrity have the gall to defend Paine, Langer and co for their abysmal and laughable efforts.

Are you aware that, historically, Australia has always been “smashed” in Subcontinental conditions as experienced in the UAE? The team’s performances against Pakistan overseas are not new, so whoever has been charge from both a captain and coaching perspective hasn’t made a difference.

Langer’s playing career was impeccable, and if you have read any of his books regarding his philosophies on various themes, you’d understand he is the right man to follow on from Darren Lehmann.

The Power of Passion and Seeing The Sunrise are both highly recommended.

Finally, given the side’s inexperience, who else is there qualified to lead the side? As vice captain, Hazlewood is next in line but he’s not an inspiring option, nor a realistic one,

So, who else is there?

The only other person with experience is Khawaja but he’s hanging onto his spot by a hair’s breath,

Given the circumstances, Paine is doing an admirable job and your criticisms are vastly unjustified.