What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Is Tim Sheens coming back to the NRL?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not sure about Tim Sheens as the answer for the Titans. Didn't do much of anything when with the Cowboys. Yes he won a GF with the Tigers but that was down to Benji Marshall being freakish form as much as anything.
Having half the Aus team kind of helped in Canberra.

Brian Smith could be an interesting choice though. He's good at building teams, just not so great when it comes to Grand Finals.

Really hope the Titans get this right. RL on the on the GC should be successful. Either way I'll probably renew my 4 game Titans season pass next year and do my bit to help as small as it is.

He won some comps with a Raiders side that was proven to be more over the cap then the Storm 06-10.

05...was amazing, however he then killed a very good squad from 07-09 by replacing a Premiership and State of Origin winning halfback with a mongoloid reserve grade winger from Newcastle for 3 years

Saxon

Bench
He won some comps with a Raiders side that was proven to be more over the cap then the Storm 06-10.

05...was amazing, however he then killed a very good squad from 07-09 by replacing a Premiership and State of Origin winning halfback with a mongoloid reserve grade winger from Newcastle for 3 years
05 was all about Marshall and Prince, not the coach.

With a high quality side Sheens can do well (and has the NRL and International trophys to prove it), but that's more about the players than the coach. The obvious example of his inadequacy with a lesser side is his time at the Cowboys, but a better one is Hull KR.
Sheens took a team that had been relegated from SuperLeague straight back up with players who were a class above most of those in the lower division. His year and a half in the top grade were - at best - Mary McGregorlike in their unbridled optimism and abjectly poor results.
Sheens was sacked halfway through the 2019 season to the unbridled joy of Robins fans

Pistol_Pete

Juniors

Many Tigers fans still wake up in cold sweats with thoughts of The Morris Years. Proving to be as shit a coach as he was a player. Team full of rrp players in 11th. A complete f**king spastic

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
How could he have failed at the cowboys with all her stars he paid a billion dollars for and brought with him.

*shudders*

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It's back to the future time for the Tigpies, clearly. Next thing we'll find out Wobbie is coming out of retirement to play hooker

Tiger5150

Bench

Yeah....nah

Salary cap came in in 1990 after Sheens had already amassed that side. The Salary Cap was brought in BECAUSE of Canberra because they sent themselves broke paying for that team, but there was no salary cap when they put it together.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
As a tigers fan I'll be honest & say I'm pretty happy with Tim coming back to the club. It's not in a coaching capacity so there is no way his alter ego Tom Shines will be back. His football knowledge is pretty much unmatched by anyone still alive, why wouldn't you want to have access to that.
Fingers crossed CDF & MOTH will now grace us with a surprise appearance.