What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Widdop injured still? Or just tentative?

St Georgio

Juniors
McGregor has no idea, Widdop needs to be at 5/8.
1.Duff
6.Gaz
7.Hunt
9.McInnes
14.Norman
or
1.Duff
6.Gaz
7.Norman
9.Hunt
13.McINNESS

possm

Coach
I'd would reluctantly be willing to put up with Dean(although it's not my preferred option)if it means getting rid of L plate.
A new voice is needed to start with & I reckon he would prepared to put his hand up & say I'm not cut out for the job if he was struggling because I don't think he has the arrogance of L plate.

Dean Young and Hornby are and have always been part of the problem. I say sign a real coach and if we need an interim coach go for an outsider for the remainder of the season.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Dean Young and Hornby are and have always been part of the problem. I say sign a real coach and if we need an interim coach go for an outsider for the remainder of the season.
Possm, agreed. They have had no exposure outside of the Dragons Den. For gods-sake even that imbecile Steve Price has been to Cronulla (so he has learnt the dark arts) and now to the UK to get some exposure to different environments. Young and Hornby are unable to offer any alternative view then that of the current clowns. Total clean out required. I wonder if Adam O'Brien (Assistant at the Roosters after serving 10 years with Bellamy) would jump at the chance of a 1st grade coaching gig?

epDragon62

First Grade
Possm, agreed. They have had no exposure outside of the Dragons Den. For gods-sake even that imbecile Steve Price has been to Cronulla (so he has learnt the dark arts) and now to the UK to get some exposure to different environments. Young and Hornby are unable to offer any alternative view then that of the current clowns. Total clean out required. I wonder if Adam O'Brien (Assistant at the Roosters after serving 10 years with Bellamy) would jump at the chance of a 1st grade coaching gig?
Yet another newbie?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dean Young and Hornby are and have always been part of the problem.
“Have always been part of the problem”

images

Winning premierships is a f**king good problem to have, if you ask me..

gitano

Juniors
Steelers with the big trophy Muzby.
Playing for state and country is nothing either.

Guys, without turning the thread into a bring back Dufty, what is the opinion on Widdop? To me he seems worried and a little noncommittal atm. I am not sure if he needs a few games to get back confidence in the body, or he still isn’t 100%
If you draw a line through the try saving tackle he effected on JT, there is nothing wrong physically with Widdop.
That was a real last ditch effort that saved a certain try.
Dufty would have been a speed bump.
Does he need a few games to show his best at FB? That's what it looks like to me.
He is never going to make huge running metres, especially behind a beaten pack but he is more than capable of conjuring up a long range break/try from FB.
I think a few more weeks will tell the whole story and then we will see how McGregor responds.

possm

Coach
“Have always been part of the problem”

images

Winning premierships is a f**king good problem to have, if you ask me..

I'm sure that most members of our forum would understand that a good student does not always make a good teacher and a good player does not always make a good coach.

Without the old boys club, these 3 pretenders would never have been in charge of our players.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
He signed his death warrant

He should come off the bench - at best
Duffy Fullback
Norman 5/8
Hunt - Half
and Mc Innes @ hooker
Thats it - unless injury

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think it was Vautin who said that we should let Widdop go to England now. I have been saying that we should have released Widdop to play in England this year and created some massive salary cap space. We should also be letting Aitken and Lafai go ASAP.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Gareth Body Language

Looks as if he is already back home ........ just did not seem into it this evening.

Fully agree - come to an agreement with Gareth and let him go home.

Old Timer

Coach
Gareth Body Language

Looks as if he is already back home ........ just did not seem into it this evening.

Fully agree - come to an agreement with Gareth and let him go home.
He doesn't want to play FB as it is not his natural position.
Hard to get into anything when you are made to do what is not natural to you.
When he is up in the line we look much much better and that is where he should be playing.
TBH none of our players look to be overly smiley or enthusiastic with what coach is dishing out save for those who have managed to hold onto spots that they should have vacated.