What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaac John

Scott

Bench
An interesting quote here from Ivan.

Coach Ivan Cleary said a loss would have been "heartbreaking" for his side who showed some defensive spirit in the second half to repel five consecutive Roosters sets of six.
Debut five-eighth Isaac John also got kudos from the coach as he set up a try to Patrick Ah Van.
"I was pretty happy with how he went. There was some good confidence, a really nice pass for a try. Their plan was to send their big men to him and he handled that reasonably well. It was a good start for him," Cleary said.

If that is the case, why was he on the bench from the 60minute mark onwards. Hendo came back on and Ohio stayed out there.

Scott

Bench
I thought he was ok too, just a bit confused as to why he spent the last 20 minutes on the bench. Looks to have the distribution skills required.

Meth

Staff member
I thought it was very positive. He got smashed by Mason early and recovered to have some nice touches. A lot of the Roosters play was directed at him and he was up to it, for the most

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He was taken off because he was completely gassed. The speed of the game was a bit much and chances are he burnt a lot of nervous energy beforehand.

Lox

Juniors
he's got a good passing game which was also brought up in the game day show...

boxa777

Coach
He missed a tackle on Perrett that led to a long break but generally went ok in defence.

The ball that he threw for Ah Van was an absolute pearler and needs to be highlighted more. It wasn't just a cut out but a perfectly timed ball after drawing an opposition winger forward and then throwing it behind him.

Sheer class and vision. That sh*t can't be coached.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
He was taken off because he was completely gassed. The speed of the game was a bit much and chances are he burnt a lot of nervous energy beforehand.

Yeah, he looked to be blowing a bit. Just goes to show that there is a big step up to the NRL. Mind you, I'd want a break too, if I had Willie Mason constantly running at me.

I thought he went well. Maybe Cleary didn't want to risk putting him back on, with the game in the balance.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
One of the best performances to come out of the 6 jersey for the warriors this season, another great debut from an U20's player.

Warmess

Juniors
Hope we stick with him, win or lose for the rest of the year. He's already shown more at 6 than any other player we've had there. Get him some experience, and hopefully we get Seymour to build a combo with him.

Micistm

Bench
Good promising start, deserves to keep the jersey-be told he's got the jersey, and let him get on with his game

wittyfan

Referee
First time since the semis last year that someone has shown flair and crispness in attack from 5/8th.

JB

Juniors
f**k, some of these replies are over the top!

Tbh, apart from that nice cut out ball, i didn't think he did a hell of a lot.
Got stood up a couple of times on D, and of course Willie used him as a speed bump once. But he'll need to do a hell of a lot more before i proclaim him as our "saviour at 6", like a few here seem to already have.

MKEB...

Staff member
First time since the semis last year that someone has shown flair and crispness in attack from 5/8th.

I can agree with you on the flair part, but not crispness.
Witts passing game always looked lethargic. He has an alright pass right to left... but his left to right passing looked rather laboured.
I have to say his defence improved to noend after leaving Manly.

MKEB...

Staff member
f**k, some of these replies are over the top!

Tbh, apart from that nice cut out ball, i didn't think he did a hell of a lot.
Got stood up a couple of times on D, and of course Willie used him as a speed bump once. But he'll need to do a hell of a lot more before i proclaim him as our "saviour at 6", like a few here seem to already have.

Nobody straight out thinks he is the saviour. He has offered as much as anybody else in his first game, and deserves a little bit more game time.