ISP On tv THIS Saturday

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by dragonssamy61, May 30, 2018.

1. Forster Dragon

Forster Dragon Juniors

Spot on very poor quality from what I have watched

2. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

What a load of coddswallop
    Talk about spin this is something Trump would be proud of.
    Field turned up for about 10 minutes and they were playing sloppy football against the all but cellar dwellers

Forster Dragon likes this.
  3. Crush

Crush Bench

Leilua (needs better handling)
    Sele (looks ready)
    Host (needs more mongrel)
    Herbert (looks ready)

These four at the moment look the best to make that step up IMO.

dragonssamy61 and The Damo like this.
  4. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer Bench

So it becomes a classic catch 22.
    One one hand we want to progress our young players, whilst on the other the standard they play in is poor.

No wonder McGregor selects the team he does!
    ISP is where you'll play, ISP is where you'll stay.

Forster Dragon likes this.
  5. Old Timer

Old Timer First Grade

Leilua just doesn't seem to know whether he is a boy or a man. He has size and natural strength and just fails to use it in every play as other young tear aways like Crichton & Arrow do. He seems to get confused as to ball play or run hard so hopefully he just runs hard and breaks some tackles and then thinks about offloads.

Sele suffers for a bit of size so maybe he is one of those guys who is general purpose utility player like a Marketo (Sele is streets in front of him though) who tries really hard and gives a 100% but is limited due to being smallish.

Host seems to be dormant and lacking intensity although does do some quality hard work. Not sure he is being handled correctly or being given enough incentive. There were some posts earlier in the season intimating he was told he wasn't in the frame for 1st grade so if true that might explain some of his lack of passion.

Herbert does look good and is a neat package in attack and defence.

I also think Robson is very close and appears to have smarts and speed off the mark.

dragonssamy61, Crush and The Damo like this.
  6. Drag Queen

Drag Queen Juniors

Bloody hell. If this is all we have we're in dire straights Crush. I saw the win on Saturday but nobody looked FG ready. Maybe Sele or Herbert as you say but I'm still not convinced. I have no doubt we have talent in the ISP but please bring in a coach to inspire these guys.

2010 likes this.
  7. The Damo

The Damo Juniors

That all matches what I’ve seen too.
    The thing on Host though - I remember when that came up, it was just one poster who said that, and not a poster with a record of credibility. Then a few others repeated it based on that. So I’m disinclined to put much stock in that.
    To me it looked like he started behind Luc in line for firsts, then got injured. By the time he recovered, gained match fitness he got picked again but the game plan had changed so that both our edges were playing close to 80. I certainly hope he gets time over the origin period. Should just replace Frizz this round ideally, but more likely Mary picks Frizz and plays him for 50-60 and host gets 20-30.

8. 2010

2010 Bench

Again we are in the position of having two inept coaches in charge of firsts and ISP. We have the cattle but we need coaches that can manage all the two teams. On paper the ISP has some players who could play first grade. But are suffering from their coach.

dragonssamy61, Gareth67 and Old Timer like this.
  9. Belta

Belta Juniors

I’m not going to argue or dispute about poor coaches as the reasons are many and have been rightly raised many times, But at some point the individual’s destiny is in their own hands.

Before the game on Saturday I saw the line up. I was really looking forward to seeing some of those isp (particularly forwards) really rip in, hoping they would snag a FG spot on Monday.

As mentioned, Leilua was certainly in the picture a lot but spoilt his efforts by errors and errors will kill you in FG. Others went ok but unfortunately no standouts.

On the same weekend the young Roosters backrower (Collins) steps up in FG and sets the place on :fire:.

True_Believer likes this.
  10. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

There has been a mass exodus of ISP
    players over the past two years and it is really an Under 23's side with not much depth.

11. SBD82

SBD82 First Grade

Bought tickets to take the old man to the manly game in the gong. He said we should check if there is a ressies game and go early like the old days.

Turns out ressies at 1. Flegg is at 3ish. Then NRL at 5.30. Stoked. Gonna be broke though, it's still my job to fetch the beers. Some things never change.

12. 2010

2010 Bench

Back in the olden days I would get to Kogarah to watch all the three grades. Always enjoyed watching the three games

13. SBD82

SBD82 First Grade

Couldn't agree more. Heaps better than just going to NRL. It feels much more like a day at the footy.

14. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

Well don't go getting your old man too merry and dropping him off at Mum's house sloshed , or he will never hear the end of it ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hope you both have a wonderful day and also can celebrate a big win by the Dragons in all 3 grades .

dragonssamy61 and SBD82 like this.
  15. SBD82

SBD82 First Grade

Good point Gareth. Maybe I'll have to take him out for some drinks after the game.

A wise man once told me that there's no point running home to a fight. It's still gonna be there when you get home.

dragonssamy61 and Gareth67 like this.
  16. Crush

Crush Bench

I see our ISP boys won again and are now in equal 1st.
    If we beat the dogs tomorrow we will be 1st in both competitions.
    Great time to be a Dragons supporter!

ouryears and dragonssamy61 like this.
  17. possm

possm First Grade

Did Lomax play?

18. jak

jak Juniors

still injured

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  19. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 First Grade

No he out for a least another 3 or 4 week