What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s beginning to look like a three horse race for the premiership

DC_fan

Coach
I know we haven’t quite finished R.3 yet, but even at this early stage it really is starting to look like a race between the Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs for the premiership.

VictoryFC

Bench
That outcome was already priced in prior to the season start on betting markets, so I'm not sure if comes as much of a surprise.

At the same time, all three sides have shown enough to suggest that they can be beaten by any pretender in a one-off finals game, so that's a silver lining.

DC_fan

Coach
That outcome was already priced in prior to the season start on betting markets, so I'm not sure if comes as much of a surprise.

At the same time, all three sides have shown enough to suggest that they can be beaten by any pretender in a one-off finals game, so that's a silver lining.

My concern for the state of the competition is that well before the final rounds come around these three teams will have a huge gap on the rest of the field.

VictoryFC

Bench
My concern for the state of the competition is that well before the final rounds come around these three teams will have a huge gap on the rest of the field.

One of these three will likely win the comp. I dont think it means that the entire season is a write-off. Still plenty to look forward to. 5 other finals spots to play for, and some of the early favourites for finals looking a little shaky, with some surprises springing up too.

some11

Referee
No surprises with Storm and Roosters given their ability to wrestle to perfection and make it look natural.

Souths have the best spine overall after those two when you look over the rest of the plodders going around.

A couple of key injuries ought to open it up later on.

Vee

First Grade
No surprises with Storm and Roosters given their ability to wrestle to perfection and make it look natural.
What is wrong with the refs that they can't see what is so blazingly obvious to the rest of us?

blaza88z

Coach
There is always a twist somewhere, some team will come from nowhere and look a serious threat

mongoose

Coach
I think the Sharks are up there. If Johnson and Moylan fire and Dugan doesn't go off injured every 2nd game they could be a chance.

DeeJ

Bench
I think the Sharks are up there. If Johnson and Moylan fire and Dugan doesn't go off injured every 2nd game they could be a chance.

Do you mean losing Dugan as a player or the fact they will be with 16 men every game? Because he is easily replaceable.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's beginning to look like a very low quality competiton.

The teams that have improved from last year are coming from a long way back - Eels, Raiders, Tigers - and the teams that have gone backwards are the 4th-8th placed sides.

I kmow it's early but I think we're looking at the exact same top 4 as 2018.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It's beginning to look like a very low quality competiton.

The teams that have improved from last year are coming from a long way back - Eels, Raiders, Tigers - and the teams that have gone backwards are the 4th-8th placed sides.

I kmow it's early but I think we're looking at the exact same top 4 as 2018.
Yep a lot of teams have gone backwards due to retirements, players being dickheads and poor recruitment.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I still wouldn't be putting the pen through Penrith. I agree with most of the sentiments above, but even in spite of their performance last night, I think Penrith have the most upside of everybody else outside of that proposed top 3.

I think that Penrith would not exactly be a team fighting it out for a minor premiership. They are more likely to be a threat come finals. The Chooks and Storm are vulnerable to a bit of fatigue, and the Roosters will have teams try to ambush them every week of the regular season (like any defending premier has to experience). The Storm will probably show more signs of missing Slater when they are in the biggest games, and an older Smith without his mates in Cronk and Slater might not be the Smith of old.

nick87

Coach
You’re doing yourself a disservice counting out John Bateman and his raiders
The team with the best player in the game should always be considered a threat

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
You’re doing yourself a disservice counting out John Bateman and his raiders
The team with the best player in the game should always be considered a threat

In all seriousness, a player by the name of Josh Hodgson might actually be the best in the game right now. I don't look forward to playing the Raiders next week.....