What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"It’s very realistic to say that we’ll have a team in Singapore in 2033": Some random poster on the internet

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I see the new Super RU comp will have two pacific islander teams in it. I bet if you'd have said that ten years ago the toffs would have scoffed as well! Vision, strategy, investment, ability. RL has always lacked in those areas.
Was in a beach bar in Thailand once and saw the saying 'you cant do epic sht with average people'. Sums up RL administration!
Whilst the teams are great for the Pacific nations, they are going to do very little for the Super Rugby competition's viability and those ventures (and probably the whole comp in its current state) will most likely be unsustainable.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I see the new Super RU comp will have two pacific islander teams in it. I bet if you'd have said that ten years ago the toffs would have scoffed as well! Vision, strategy, investment, ability. RL has always lacked in those areas.
Was in a beach bar in Thailand once and saw the saying 'you cant do epic sht with average people'. Sums up RL administration!
Moana Pasifika isn't really a team from the PIs though is it.

It's a glorified ethnic team based in South Auckland, and from the outside looking in it seems to me that it's more likely than not that it's going to badly split at least the Blues fanbase over the long term, and maybe suction off a lot of support from the other clubs across the country as well.

I don't know enough about the Dura to have an opinion, but I'm not sure how sustainable either team will be in the long term.

Frankly getting big business investors in Singapore to bankroll a team probably would have been a safer bet lol.

siv

First Grade
This team will be heart of a SE Asia Super League

Add Hong Kong, Bali, KL, Phuket, Cambodia, Saigon, Bangalor West Papua and Manila

And we are ready to rock & roll

Last edited:
This team will be heart of a SE Asia Super League

Add Hong Kong, Bali, KL, Phuket, Cambodia, Saigon, Bangalor and Manila

And we are ready to rick & roll
Perhaps the PNG competition could expand into Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Hong Kong?

It would be great for RL.

Latest posts