What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It aint that bad

angeman

Juniors
I know we have lost four in a row. I know our season is probably over.
As a loyal Tiger supporter for 22 years the last 10 years have been tough!
However, I for one refuse to give up. Lets get behind our team and get out to Leichhardt Oval this Saturday night. Remember without the fans the team will die.

I think however the time has come to give the youth a go. Royce Simmons had a theory at Penrith that if you blood a generation of youth and they play for a season or two together they with experience become a great side. They will have great understanding between players and with a few more experience players became a premiership force. This was achieved at Penrith last year (Royce laid the foundation and Lang finished the building).
I propose we do the same here at the Tigers - if we aren't already.
From my understanding Senter, Mears, Buettner, Sattler and Miles will be let go at the seasons end. If this is true then I say bring in people like Gibbs, Fulton, Lima, Farah, etc into the first grade now to get experience for next year.
Also Harrison and Halatau need to be in the starting 13 week in and week out. I do believe that these players can make our team great.

I applaud the Tigers management for not throwing money at overpriced players and deciding to stick with our youth. (OK the only position we need help with is prop) With the sponsors we have picked up this year, the larger home crowds, the sensation caused by Benki, the astute buying of Hodgson, Prince and others, as well as the new youth system, I can see the Tigers being a force next year.

GO YOU TIGERS!

brooksy19

Bench
I agree..Lets show some faith in the young guys, they couldnt do ANY worse.

My team vs Melb

1.Hodgson
2.Duffy
3.Elford
4.Collis
5.Richards

6.Prince
7.Kerr

8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Skando (C)
11.Harrison
12. Haletau
13. Fulton

14.Satts
15. Laffrenchi
16.Lima
17. Galea

HOT028

Juniors
your right lets get rid of the players that will not be here next year and bring on the next generation of players, also unless Harrison starts he is no good taking up a bench spot to come on with 20 minutes left, he is going to be a gun player but start him or leave him in PL...

tiger78

Juniors
My team
Hodgson
Greally
Collis
Harrison
Richards
Prince
Kerr
Fulton
Laffranchi
Heighnington
Skandalis
Galea
Payten

Bench
Halatau
Gibbs
Small
???? Viane if fit.

angeman

Juniors
Harrison does look dangerous in attack.
I think Gibbs should also come back in for a bit of aggression.

Greally deserves a run as well.
And please bring in Kerr for Buettner!

1. Hodgson
2. Greally
3. Elford
4. Halatau
5. Richards
6. Kerr
7. Prince
13. Fulton
12. Harrison
11. Laffranchi
10. Skandalis
9. Galea
8. Payten

14. Gibbs
15. Collis
16. Farah - is he injured?
17. Heighnington

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah done is knee, Greally's hand is busted as well, so he cant be considered yet. Sheens said yesterday that he has been very happy with the performances by the younger guys in the side and is happy with how they're developing, also hinted that some extra responsibility could come as a result of it. So it looks like we may see some young guys more so than even start next week.