What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It feels strange

slippery eel

Juniors
2003 will be the first season Parra won't play in the semis since 1996. :cry: Who should we support in the finals?.

bradeel

Juniors
I don't know about going for another team in the finals - that's kinda sacreligious i would have thought, but i will say this: What feels strange today is that there are three rounds of league to be played before the finals and very little to say after yesterday's debacle in Melbourne. As a Melbourne resident with an Eels membership i was pretty shattered having to sit through it...

I think we all kind of had our hopes up after 4 or 5 good wins but the reality is that our solid form against weaker clubs was merely hiding the fact that the 2002/3 Eels were and still are not premiership material. Top 8 perhaps, but not Top 6 and certainly not Top 4, and the Storm explained that to us in no uncertain terms.

Unfortunately it's going to be one heck of an offseason, but as one of my non Parra supporting mates said to me today, the team of 2004 will again bear little resemblance to the team of the past year or two and with the solid core of players that have remained, we will hopefully come back bigger and better to be a force again. I for one am happy that we are not signing up another veteran halfback solution, because i'd really like to see a Witt/Thorman or Witt/Morris combination gain some momentum over a period of a few years rather than just a few months.

Many of our fans have come out and bagged our recruitment strategy for next year but i think you will find that where we lacked for grunt and forward firepower yesterday and on many other occasions in 2003, this will not be the case again. We will have no shortage of keen youngsters and more experienced big men fighting for spots in the pack and by missing out on the 8 rather than narrowly scraping in, the team will have much disapointment to try and reverse for next season. Let the critics and opposition write us off, and watch us claw back against the odds.

Bring on 2004. Go Parra.

slippery eel

Juniors
bradeel said:
Many of our fans have come out and bagged our recruitment strategy for next year but i think you will find that where we lacked for grunt and forward firepower yesterday and on many other occasions in 2003, this will not be the case again.

Bring on 2004. Go Parra.

Totally agree with you there!. When I saw our front row for the game in Peek, Heckenberg and Hopkins....... I cringed with fear. No way were they going to match it with Kearney and Kearns. Our go forward was very weak and the defence was shocking cause everytime the Storm touched the ball they made too much ground.

ozzie

Bench
have a listen to Hadley lately about parra's recruitment and he's a fan of yours - with a fan like that who needs enemies.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
ozzie said:
have a listen to Hadley lately about parra's recruitment and he's a fan of yours - with a fan like that who needs enemies.

I have read other comments that suggest that Hadley is not a Parra fan, but rather a friend of Pat Richards' family. I think Hadley has even admitted to it and it is therefore not surprising that he constantly bags Matt Petersen (since he's taken Pat's starting spot) and since Pat has signed with the Tigers, Hadley continuously bags Parra's recruitment policy.

In my opinion, Parra's recruitment strategy (considering the current squad and the strengths and weaknesses at Parra) has been nothing short of brilliant. It was sad to see Crusher Cleal leave as the full time recruitment position was closed, but I have every confidence in Parra's recruitment for 2004.

midas

Juniors
In answer to your original question,we should support our neighbours,the Penny Panthers.
Except in round 26 of course.

midas

Juniors
Some aspects of Parra,s recruiting have been pretty smart,but I have to agree with the arch-idiot Hadley that Corey Pearson,Wise Kativerata and Fui Fui Moi Moi are very strange decisions indeed.
I can see value in bringing McKinnon back from Souths as he is still young and talented.Same as Grothe,he seems to have matured.
Cannings and Stapleton should give us a 10-man pack and the Pommy 5/8 sounds OK.
Now if only Dykes could receive an offer to go to Pommyland.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Pearson: While not a superstar, he's generally a consistent, reliable player. Something that would be good for Parra considering so many of the players seem to run hot and cold. Also, without Pearson, the oldest player in the pack for Parra next season would be about 25, and having an old head in there can't be a bad thing. Also interesting to note that some other props seem to be playing the best part of their careers in their early 30's.

Kativerata: Probably not in the top 25 and hence not coming under the cap. Was signed to add depth to a depleted outside back outfit in prems with Tonga and Richards on the way out.

Moi Moi: Again, wouldn't be in the top 25 but I think it's a good gamble. From reports earlier in the year he is big and has demonstrated some talent (the one thing you can't coach for). Considering the presumably low price tag, IMO, his signing was a good idea. Smith is good at getting the most out of players and the rest of Parra's coaching staff seems to be able to get players into something resembling fitness (eg. Solo, Widders), which is what Moi Moi seems to be lacking.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
slippery eel said:
2003 will be the first season Parra won't play in the semis since 1996. :cry: Who should we support in the finals?.

Slippery or should i say "Sexy Eel" :D , im holding you responsible for Parra's lost..........you jinxed us !!, your post about everything starting to go our way was it!!, and i told you this!!,

No mate only joking :D , i am superstious & do alot of resource into physcology as a hobbie but?? the only won's responsible for that lost are the coach & management at this club.......i don't blame the players.....i wouldn't be in high spirits either with the uncertainty of one's postion & stale ideas & game plan's!!,

Gee im in a bitchy mood tonight........know where's my next door's neighbours pet Bulldog :D :D :D :D

slippery eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
slippery eel said:

Slippery or should i say "Sexy Eel" :D , im holding you responsible for Parra's lost..........you jinxed us !!, your post about everything starting to go our way was it!!, and i told you this!!,

No mate only joking :D , i am superstious & do alot of resource into physcology as a hobbie but?? the only won's responsible for that lost are the coach & management at this club.......i don't blame the players.....i wouldn't be in high spirits either with the uncertainty of one's postion & stale ideas & game plan's!!,

Gee im in a bitchy mood tonight........know where's my next door's neighbours pet Bulldog :D :D :D :D

nothing wrong with being superstitious and this is why!.

Heading down to Shark Park for the game and around Homebush saw a huge billboard advertising beer with a picture of a large great white shark. Parra lost!.

Grand Final Qualifier against the Broncos. That week I went to the video store and was siting in the carpark and along came a 4wd that parked right next to me and it had a picture of a Bronco on the side of the car. We lost that came aswell.

I swear to god i get signs like this all the time. It has worked the other way around when Parra has won!.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
slippery eel said:
Ron Jeremy said:
slippery eel said:

nothing wrong with being superstitious and this is why!.

Heading down to Shark Park for the game and around Homebush saw a huge billboard advertising beer with a picture of a large great white shark. Parra lost!.

Grand Final Qualifier against the Broncos. That week I went to the video store and was siting in the carpark and along came a 4wd that parked right next to me and it had a picture of a Bronco on the side of the car. We lost that came aswell.

I swear to god i get signs like this all the time. It has worked the other way around when Parra has won!.

Yeah mate call me weird but i go by my dreams!!,

It all started back in 1993........Parra played Easts at the SFS which Parra won 18-2.....anyway 2 nights before i had a dream that Parra lost 36-4.....the result was the exact opposite to my dream & ever since then if Parra loose in a dream......i know there going to win!!,

I know it sounds weird but every dream i have not just football relelated i write down in a book everyday......and in time it;s funny how they all work out!!,

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
i think well make the semis :D

i love parra as much as anyone and if they lose out gettin a spot i will go 4 either the storm or the warriors because i love league above any other sport and those teams are in places that dont give league a good go :(
wouldnt it be good 4 melbourne to win (if parra dont) just to stick it up all those victorian supporters of GAY.F.L :lol: same as all those YAWION sheepshaggers in kiwi land :D if a team is in a place were it is not getting a fair go i want them to do well as im a rugby league suporter1st and an eels suporter second.(the only time the eels come second)
but if we play either of those teams,they can get stuffed cause i want the eels to win.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Quite simply, I will become an ardent supporter of whoever is playing Canterbury and Brisbane!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
bender said:
Misty Bee said:
Quite simply, I will become an ardent supporter of whoever is playing Canterbury and Brisbane!

Who will you support on Grand Final day, then?

Aslong as Canterbury don't make or win the GF......it will be and alright year for me........i hate seeing that hole of a district happy!! :lol: :lol:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Aslong as Canterbury don't make or win the GF......it will be and alright year for me........i hate seeing that hole of a district happy!! :lol: :lol:

You'll be very unhappy all summer long then!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Dogs Of War said:
Ron Jeremy said:

You'll be very unhappy all summer long then!

god i hope the dogs dont win,if they do i'll have to get a divorce :lol: :lol:
can't go all summer listening to my wife giving it to parra and saying how good the dishlickers are :(
she still gives it to me for 98 (bitch) :lol:

Latest posts